Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Mosnowman

Wall Panel: Lightening Bolt & Gas?

I know this is a total newb question but here goes anyway! I just spent two hours searching the forum for the answer to no avail...

I have a panel located above the water pump switch panel and above the water monitor panel. It is a white panel with two switches and a red light in the middle between the switches....one switch has a lightening bolt by it the other is a propane drop. My question...

1. What is it for?
2. Should you have both switches on and why?
3. If the red light is on what does this mean?

I'm a newb so please explain in detail. Thanks!!!!
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
diugo
Permanent User Ban

It's probably the water heater control. I would imagine the switch with the lightning bolt controls the 120VAC heating element, and the other switch controls the propane valve. The red light might come on during normal operation---or it might light only to indicate a problem, such as "out of propane".
diugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Those switches control your water heater. You can heat the water with either electric (when connected to shore power) or with propane or both at the same time. DO NOT turn the electric on unless the water heater is filled with water. As a safety there is a small black rocker switch on the heater itself, located outside in the lower left hand side of the compartment. There may be a safety pin through the switch to prevent you from accidentally turning it on. It also has it's own circuit breaker. I hope this has been detailed enough ... if not just ask what you do not understand. We were all new at one time, Hank ...... on my model the light is on when the heater is working properly on gas.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If this is the switch you're asking about, what Hank posted is exactly right.

The light on the two switch panel usually is on when the LP function is operating.

There is a one switch panel also. The light on it is usually on during the lighting sequence and then it goes out if the HWH ignites. It will remain on if the ignition sequence fails (to warn you that it is not operational).

On some of the older two switch panels, the light would function as on the single switch panel, so verify what the light actually means the way it is hooked up on your RV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WATER HEATER SWITCH.jpg
Views:	1035
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	4320  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #5
Bob Landry

The Atwood logo and the graphics on it give it away as a WH switch.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
sjdobbins

I have a 2013 Passport 3220bh with the same control panel. I asked my dealer the same question and he stated that you will only see the light glow when there is a problem with the water heater.

The only time I have had the light come on was when I ran out of LP. I probably could have switched to electric only but didn't. After filling up my propane tanks, the light went out as wh kicked back on.
sjdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote