Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2017, 04:05 AM   #1
RaptorJB

Raptor Tires

Arisun Tires on my Raptor 425TS, anyone have good luck or bad luck with these? My last camping trip a fellow Raptor camper stop by to talk about the toyhaulers, I asked him about the tires and he said so far so good as he had over 10k miles on them so far.

Can't find a lot of reviews on them, they do say they are made in "China"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	14262
Curt Q24 5th Wheel Hitch Slider
RaptorJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:21 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I'd look at the born on date on those tires. If they are approaching 3 years, it's time to swap them out. This is a way better gauge than miles traveled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:50 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

You might find this interesting, seems they make a lot of tires but I've not heard of them.

http://arisuntire.ca/index.php/about-zc-rubber/

Under products they list ST tires and list 2 models but I don't know which one you have.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
CWtheMan

They are Westlake tires under another brand name. Probably a brand name requested by the USA importer.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:17 AM   #5
Tinner12002

Same wheels as I have but mine has Sailun S637 G rated tires. I guess that's the difference a yr makes.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:09 AM   #6
Wildhorse

After hearing horror stories about blowouts, and trips ruined, and coincidentally parking next to a Fusion at a Campground at Moab that had the side of their trailer blown out I sent ours to the landfill with only a couple of thousand miles on them and put on Goodyears.

I carry an infrared gun and check the tires when we pull off the interstates and FWIW the Goodyears run hotter. Replacing them took them from something I worried about to never giving it another thought other than checking pressures before a trip.

2016 Raptor 355TS
2015 GMC Duramax Denali 1 Ton
2017 Polaris RZR XP1000 Matte Gold Edition
2012 Harley RoadGlide Ultra
Wildhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:38 PM   #7
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhorse View Post
After hearing horror stories about blowouts, and trips ruined, and coincidentally parking next to a Fusion at a Campground at Moab that had the side of their trailer blown out I sent ours to the landfill with only a couple of thousand miles on them and put on Goodyears.

I carry an infrared gun and check the tires when we pull off the interstates and FWIW the Goodyears run hotter. Replacing them took them from something I worried about to never giving it another thought other than checking pressures before a trip.
The Goodyear tires should not run at a significantly higher temp..

Will the Goodyears provide an equal or greater load capacity as the OE tires when correctly inflated?
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #8
lonewolftx

Wink

Mine are two years old and have over 10,000 miles on them and are great shape. The rig is stored under a drive thru storage unit so very little sun exsposure. Seem to be a pretty good quality tire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BE39BDF5-40DB-40E0-A8D8-12A458D3A367.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	14328   Click image for larger version

Name:	99D10A9B-F681-4C30-BD3A-DF7247AB19A6.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	14329  

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #9
MattHelm21

I have 6 of the same on my Fuzion. They have 4000 miles on them now. I also have a TST507 TPMS monitoring all the pressures and temperatures and have not seen any odd temperatures or pressures. I’ve not seen bed reviews which would indicate that these should be replaced on a schedule other than normal but this is the first time I’ve heard they were Westlake which gives me cause for concern. After the first full season, I don’t see any odd wear patterns.

Edit: I obtained the date codes for the tires before making the purchase and they were one year older than the trailer which is normal I’m told.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #10
rcmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
I have 6 of the same on my Fuzion. They have 4000 miles on them now. I also have a TST507 TPMS monitoring all the pressures and temperatures and have not seen any odd temperatures or pressures. I’ve not seen bed reviews which would indicate that these should be replaced on a schedule other than normal but this is the first time I’ve heard they were Westlake which gives me cause for concern. After the first full season, I don’t see any odd wear patterns.

Edit: I obtained the date codes for the tires before making the purchase and they were one year older than the trailer which is normal I’m told.
Hi Matt- which TPS system do you have ? I'm looking or been looking for 9 months for one also for my 6 tires ? If you had to do it again would it be the same system or one different ? thanks Mike
Old 10-15-2017, 08:03 PM   #11
rcmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorJB View Post
Arisun Tires on my Raptor 425TS, anyone have good luck or bad luck with these? My last camping trip a fellow Raptor camper stop by to talk about the toyhaulers, I asked him about the tires and he said so far so good as he had over 10k miles on them so far.

Can't find a lot of reviews on them, they do say they are made in "China"

Attachment 14262
I got the same tire on my 17 398, no problems but no where near the miles as some have stated. Ill check the dates this week just out of curiosity .
Old 10-16-2017, 08:50 PM   #12
MattHelm21

Hi Mike,

I do have the TST507RV with Power booster by Truck System Technologies. I would do this system again in a heartbeat. When you turn it on, it does not display any reading or a position until that sensor checks in. I have had another system purchased about 10 years earlier that always remembered a reading and I found sensors not functioning when the display said they were. I do know that around December, a color display option is supposed to be made available for the system. At present, some folks were contacted to get an early upgrade and the review I saw was positive. I have the 6 flow through sensors and they worked flawlessly this season. I’m 61 feet overall truck and trailer and did run without the booster at first and all sensors were able to check in but I was getting occasional drop outs so installed the booster.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #13
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
Hi Mike,

I do have the TST507RV with Power booster by Truck System Technologies. I would do this system again in a heartbeat. When you turn it on, it does not display any reading or a position until that sensor checks in. I have had another system purchased about 10 years earlier that always remembered a reading and I found sensors not functioning when the display said they were. I do know that around December, a color display option is supposed to be made available for the system. At present, some folks were contacted to get an early upgrade and the review I saw was positive. I have the 6 flow through sensors and they worked flawlessly this season. I’m 61 feet overall truck and trailer and did run without the booster at first and all sensors were able to check in but I was getting occasional drop outs so installed the booster.
I have the TST 507 system also. I'm about the same length as well. Prior to installing the booster did you try changing the batteries? I ask as I've not had a drop and the only difference is I do not run the flow through sensors.
I did receive the new color monitor and have it on the dash with the battery charged. The new monitor is color and the screen is larger. Family obligations has not permitted me to get to the 5er and install yet. From what Mike Benson, the sales director at TST has said and the quick start instructions look like, the install will be easier/faster.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #14
MattHelm21

Hi John,

I did not try changing the batteries prior to installing the booster. I did have that other system on my previous trailer and because it had become unreliable for whatever reason, I just planned on installing the booster from the beginning and ordered it at the same time as the rest of the system. I really only had one drop out and I decided to install it and I haven’t had a single one since. Batteries may have been all that was necessary. I’ve just winterized so in the spring, I’ll replace all the batteries anyway.

I really wanted that color monitor so I used the contact form on TST’s website to request information and was told about the December timeframe. I used the dash mount with the double sided tape to install my monitor right over the instrument cluster. Does the new color one have that slit in the bottom so it can slip onto the same mount?

Tags
raptor, tires