Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #261
Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant_remember_ID View Post
Hi, I can help with this as I did exactly what you want to do last summer. Mine is a 2016 336BHS too. It was about a half day project in all. I ran a new 12 volt set of wires from the fuse box to the fan location. I was't confident the wires running in the ceiling were hot all the time and were big enough. The ceiling is mostly empty, so it is easy enough to run wires through. I removed the vanity from the bathroom, cut a hole about 4 inches square to fish the wire from the ceiling and run it down the wall. I should have been able to fish the wires straight down the wall as it is also hollow, but the guys at the factory get a little crazy with the nail guns and I couldn't get the wire all the way down to the floor behind the fuse box. I ended up cutting another access panel in the back of the upper cupboard to get the wires down the wall. Once the wires were run, it is easy enough with a little electrical work to get everything connected.

So I will also share a little story we discovered this weekend with our Fantastic Fan. We haven't really used it since I installed it last summer because we were always camping where we would run the AC. This weekend it was perfect conditions to open the windows and run the vent. At night however, we would close the windows and open the vent in the master bedroom. This was creating a nice flow of cool air into the bedroom vent and being drawn out by the fantastic fan. The problem is the black tank vent is right by the bedroom ceiling vent. When someone would flush the toilet, a gush of stinky air would be emitted and immediately drawn into the bedroom. We thought there was something wrong with the tank venting, but the stink was only in the bedroom which we thought was weird.

Shoot me any questions if you need more information. Sorry, I should have taken pictures. But overall, we love having the fan with the remote, I no longer have to climb on to the cabinets to open the vent.
Great info. We opted for the second ac in the bedroom, but wanted to put fantastic fans in kitchen and kids room for these nice nights. I was wondering about the electrical aspect.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:19 AM   #262
evadicats

I'm in love with our fantastic fan and we haven't even camped with it yet! LOL! I sent this info to my handy hubby but he decided to do his own thing and snaked the 12v wire from the bathroom instead. It was 89 degrees here on Tuesday and I turned on the Fantastic fan and also opened the vent in the bathroom and within like 3-5 minutes, it cooled off the kitchen/living area so that I could pack the camper without being too miserable! We may need to look at one now for the back bunk area

2016 Cougar 336BHS
evadicats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #263
Sledjed

I also installed a remote operated fantastic fan in the kitchen. I removed the skylight molding in the shower and fished wires from the bathroom fan to the kitchen vent. Overall it was a pretty easy project.
Sledjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:46 PM   #264
eeknox

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie1289 View Post
I also have seen others at my storage unit with same problem so everyone should look . As others pointed out earlier this is a leak point too so I wouldn't delay!
I just joined today after reading this thread. A lot of good info. This is our third season with ours and love the layout. We have also had some of the issues discussed on here. I hadn't noticed our awning but after reading this went out and inspected ours and sure enough it is pulling away in a couple spots.

Questions:

What type & size screws should I add to the awning to fix this?

I saw where several guys mounted the spare tire under the coach. Does anyone have pics or a certain kit they used? I would like to mount mine under the coach as well.

Side note I hate the outdoor kitchen sink not going into a tank!!

Thanks for input and look forward to learning more.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #265
Seven Gable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeknox View Post
I saw where several guys mounted the spare tire under the coach. Does anyone have pics or a certain kit they used? I would like to mount mine under the coach as well....
I looked at my spare and of course the cover is ripped up at the bottom from dragging. I moved it up buy utilizing the lower bolt on the OEM carrier to bolt to a hole on the tire and using the provided strap across the hub opening in the wheel. I cut a 1/8" x 2" piece of steel 7 1/2" long and drilled a 1/2" diameter hole in the middle of it. This plate goes on the top bolt behind the wheel to support it. Now the low point at the bumper is the tire carrier bracket which hangs a little over an inch below the bumper. Simple cheap fix if your up for it.

Too late to take pictures.
Seven Gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #266
Sledjed

Anyone own the cougar 336bhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by just doug View Post
Does anyone else have an issue with the bunkhouse extending all the way? From the outside it looks fine, but inside it partially covered a light switch and won't let one of the cabinets open up all the way. It also doesn't;t seat flush against the inside of the coach when opened.

The bracket in the photo is what stops it from closing further. If it was rotated the other direction it would work perfectly.

I just put out my bunkhouse slide and now it's not going all the way out. Still covering half the light switch. I'm 95% positive it has never been like this before. Anyone else have this issue? All my other slides go out until they are flush against the interior walls
Sledjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:16 AM   #267
1eyedmolly

Laredo Floor Screw Pop

Floor Screw Pop ... 1/4-20 self tapping screw in 1/8" thick channel support flange. Thread in Flange striped. (see photos)
Measured screw location in trailer. Located screw by cutting the under belly. Used 1/4" nom. Lock washer & 1/4-20 Nut to secure screw to support flange.
Glued the linoleum down.
Hope there are no more.
We Love our Laredo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170704_193351.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	13256   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170704_193544(0).jpg
Views:	200
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	13257   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170704_193924.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	13258   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170704_195614.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	13259   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170704_195624.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	13260  

1eyedmolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:02 AM   #268
eeknox

2nd AC

Thinking about adding 2nd AC unit on our coach. What model unit do those who have added it like the most and what inside cover do you like? Any tips or pics of install both inside and outside? Thanks.
eeknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #269
bsquared76

Just brought home our new 2017 336bhs this week and now it's blowing fuse #3. I'm not sure what all is on this circuit to troubleshoot. I know if runs the thermostat, and I can't run the air conditioner because of this. It has a couple overhead lights/pendant lights in kitchen and the max air vent. I'm sure it's a shorted wire. Any ideas on where to look first? Taking on vacation in less than a week, and really don't have time to take it back to the dealer.
bsquared76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #270
bsquared76

Blowing Fuse

Just brought home our new 2017 336bhs this week and now it's blowing fuse #3. I'm not sure what all is on this circuit to troubleshoot. I know if runs the thermostat, and I can't run the air conditioner because of this. It has a couple overhead lights/pendant lights in kitchen and the max air vent. I'm sure it's a shorted wire. Any ideas on where to look first? Taking on vacation in less than a week, and really don't have time to take it back to the dealer.
bsquared76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #271
KTB

LCI Remote

We just purchased a 2017 Cougar 336BHS about two weeks ago and are still learning all the features it offers. One question we do have is can you program the quick camp LCI remote to turn on and off another light rather than the one it's programmed to do? Ours is set up to turn on the docking lights which to us is useless. We would rather have that button turn on the inside lights or the awning light. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
KTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #272
Cabindweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB View Post
We just purchased a 2017 Cougar 336BHS about two weeks ago and are still learning all the features it offers. One question we do have is can you program the quick camp LCI remote to turn on and off another light rather than the one it's programmed to do? Ours is set up to turn on the docking lights which to us is useless. We would rather have that button turn on the inside lights or the awning light. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
I am not aware of a way to do this. It would be cool though!

2017 F350 SuperDuty - Lariat, Crew Cab, PowerStroke, SRW, 4x4
Cabindweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #273
Canonman

The light itself must be wired into the control panel. It's not a programming issue. It's a hard wire connection. We wired our awning light into the panel and it was a beast of a job hiding the wiring. One thing to remember, since there is no way to wire the circuit as a "3 way" switch, if you turn the awning light on with the remote you must turn it off with the remote. On at the inside panel, off at the inside panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_8530.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	13735  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #274
Weber

can't_remember_id.. its funny you mention this. We have a front ac unit mounted and we would get that not so nice aroma when someone would flush the toilet. After much investigation, I came to the same conclusion. I wish there was a way to move or redirect that vent. But, all in all a great camper.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:15 AM   #275

Anyone own the cougar 336bhs?

Bike rack mod. Let’s me use the entire space. Strengthens the “hitch post” portion. Basically cut the hitch post at the bumper ht. Added a plate that rests on the bumper and moves the post back 6”. Let’s me fit 3/4 bikes and they are not all smashing up against the back of the rig. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1719.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	16263Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1720.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	16264
Old 05-29-2018, 06:35 PM   #276
Chaz55

Raise the bumper. Easier than messing with the whole driveway
Chaz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:54 AM   #277
bashburn8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeknox View Post
Thinking about adding 2nd AC unit on our coach. What model unit do those who have added it like the most and what inside cover do you like? Any tips or pics of install both inside and outside? Thanks.
You will love the second AC. We just had ours installed & it’s great. Brand name Domestic.
bashburn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #278
nellie1289

Driving around here there is no way I can have the bike rack out. I would rip that thing off on even the tiniest inclines. Way too low !
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #279
KTB

Outdoor kitchen speaker

Hello everyone! Any advice or modifications to mount an outdoor spreaker to connect to radio and other outdoor speakers for outdoor kitchen area? Would be a great modication for the outdoor kitchen. Thanks!
KTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:11 AM   #280
Tdogg0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
[/URL][/IMG]
Sorry for resurrecting an old post, new 336 (2016) owners. We just had ours transported from VA, and discovered this same screw in the same location! Looks like when we put the galley slide out, the wood frame got damaged as well, may have gotten caught on the screw. Were you able to confirm this screw belongs in the floor, and not in the slideout? Did you just screw it down, or look for another repair? I was dumbfounded to find where it came from...(there's some stretches of 95 in S. Carolina that could give 81 a run for it's money)! THanks!
Tdogg0413 is offline   Reply With Quote