Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
bacaviness

Outside TV Mount Bracket

Hi Everyone!
We are brand new to the camping world and just purchased a 2018 Hideout 308BHDS. This weekend we were trying to figure out how to take the tv that is in the living area to the bracket located outside. I feel really stupid because I feel like it should be fairly simple. There was no TV in the bedroom so we had that added at the dealership. The bracket outside has two holes. The tv inside is on an arm. Any insight you can provide would be great!
bacaviness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #2
madmaxmutt

The inside tv should be sitting on the exact same bracket. Once you lift it off, it will slide down on the outside mount.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
The inside tv should be sitting on the exact same bracket. Once you lift it off, it will slide down on the outside mount.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yup! Look behind the main TV, there may be a "travel lock" that you have to release to lift it out of the bracket.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:40 AM   #4
Dave W

Our little 12VDC BR TV just lifts off its bracket then is mounted on the outside bracket. Gotta say that if I was into watching TV outside (and bothering my neighbors as one did to us at 1230AM last week) that little TV would be updated to 120VAC and a bigger screen with better volume.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM   #5
bacaviness

Thanks everyone! I just can't seem to get it off. Is this what the inside male piece is supposed to look like? I think I've attached a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3522[1].jpg
Views:	435
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	14148  
bacaviness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Hold the arm the TV is mounted to and give the male piece a good rap upwards with your hand. The arm needs to be as close to 90* as possible.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:04 AM   #7
usamac

I have this same model and matching mount receiving brackets inside and out. We live in our camper full time so I would like to set these up for permenant use. My plan is to simply slide the outside tv out and store it in a safe place as we head to bed each night. Where can I buy an additional articulating mount kit that will use that slide in receiver already mounted to the outside of my 308bhds? I do not want to have to pull my inside tv down for this, I want to use a different tv for it. Also, does anyone have any idea what the tv size and/or weight limit might be for these mounting kits?
usamac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rack, tv mount