Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
Richeyb

Auto Level Problem

Went to Pendleton, Or for first outing in our new Montana High Country 380TH. Parking site had a slight down hill grade but nothing severe. Went to set up using my normal technique. Lowered front legs about 5 holes and extended front getting off truck. Add a block under each leg as a pad and went into auto leveling. Before long the front lowered to the bottom and rear extended to max on left side, oops missed shallow derange left rear lever was in. Left me with and Warnting “Abort leveling”.. followed by and “errors Left front”. Attempted to raise all manual and start over, over and over.... think my battery went down...no luck and finally went to bed. Day 2 called LCI for tech support... Great help ..tech said to reset “ lower all legs 6 inches then push retract and hold easing all legs up. We interpreted that as the front and back legs and still had “error lt ft”. Decided to give up but I made one more call... LCI tech said try one more time before sending for repair... lower ALL legs 6inches and then hold the retract button until all are up, do not let off on buttom.
We listened and heard ALL and lowered all 6 legs 6 inches and the held the retract button and it Reset...no more error!

Do not remember seeing this in manual. I think original issue was bottoming out on the front before being level.

My thanks to the LCI techs!
Richeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Alpine

Hey that's great info! Glad you were able to get'r up and running properly. I have only a few times had the front want to "bottom out". I then just manually leveled.

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:02 PM   #3
bobbecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richeyb View Post
Went to Pendleton, Or for first outing in our new Montana High Country 380TH. Parking site had a slight down hill grade but nothing severe. Went to set up using my normal technique. Lowered front legs about 5 holes and extended front getting off truck. Add a block under each leg as a pad and went into auto leveling. Before long the front lowered to the bottom and rear extended to max on left side, oops missed shallow derange left rear lever was in. Left me with and Warnting “Abort leveling”.. followed by and “errors Left front”. Attempted to raise all manual and start over, over and over.... think my battery went down...no luck and finally went to bed. Day 2 called LCI for tech support... Great help ..tech said to reset “ lower all legs 6 inches then push retract and hold easing all legs up. We interpreted that as the front and back legs and still had “error lt ft”. Decided to give up but I made one more call... LCI tech said try one more time before sending for repair... lower ALL legs 6inches and then hold the retract button until all are up, do not let off on buttom.
We listened and heard ALL and lowered all 6 legs 6 inches and the held the retract button and it Reset...no more error!

Do not remember seeing this in manual. I think original issue was bottoming out on the front before being level.

I'm assuming the system is the electric 3.0 leveling system, No hydraulics?
bobbecky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:34 AM   #4
Richeyb

BobBecky, Your correct Electric lCI 3.0
Richeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #5
bobbecky

When we were parked at a campground this past spring, a family arrived next to us with a new TH, and they spent the better part of an hour trying to level their rig with the 3.0. The woman was finally on her LCI phone app and was able to give her husband directions on how to reset the system and ultimately got the rig leveled. I was never so glad to have the hydraulic Levelup system after watching this painful event.
bobbecky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #6
MerlinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richeyb View Post

WOW! What a coincidence. I just returned home from a trip out west to New Mexico and I was having the exact same problem. The first night out I managed to mess up my LCI Ground Control 3.0 4 point auto-leveling system by manually lowering the rear jacks and apparently going too far and throwing the system into an error condition. It first said, "Error RR jack...manually retract all jacks or hold RETRACT to auto-retract all jacks." Every time I attempted to do that it would shift the error to a different jack. Fortunately I was able to manually extend and retract the jacks to level my trailer each time I parked.
I was convinced that when I got home I was probably going to have to send the control unit some place to get it repaired.
Then I came across this posting. Yesterday I did exactly as described, above, and...it fixed it! It reset the system, got rid of the error messages (and the incessant beeping), and the auto-level works just like it did before.

Many thanks to Richeyb for sharing this information.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote