Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
Maxpowers

Hot water problem in Bullet

First boondock trip of year in new trailer and the hot water heater would not work on propane or Generator and electric element. Forth trip of year with no issues. Everything else propane worked perfectly, heater, stoves,oven, bbq but no hot water. When I went to panel after realizing it didn’t light I noticed a fault light on my panel glowing red. I can’t find reference to this light in my owners manuals. I’ve never had a hot water heater problem in this or the last trailer. Next I fired up the generator and tried it on electric but that failed as well and the fault light too continued.
Last night of the trip we stayed in Good Sam to plug in and drain and flush tanks etc. Electric hot water worked fine (30 amp) but when I tried propane nothing but a red fault light.
Hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer and maybe figure out myself but losing confidence.
Kitchen island sink drain leaked on floor so we used a basin to use sink and the shock on the exterior door broke at the clip.
Towed with our F150 like a dream on freeway and gravel roads.
Overall awesome trip, great fishing, but disappointed with a few things breaking.

2011 f150 5.0
2019 Bullet 265 rbwi
Maxpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:39 AM   #2
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpowers View Post
First boondock trip of year in new trailer and the hot water heater would not work on propane or Generator and electric element. Forth trip of year with no issues. Everything else propane worked perfectly, heater, stoves,oven, bbq but no hot water. When I went to panel after realizing it didn’t light I noticed a fault light on my panel glowing red. I can’t find reference to this light in my owners manuals. I’ve never had a hot water heater problem in this or the last trailer. Next I fired up the generator and tried it on electric but that failed as well and the fault light too continued.
Last night of the trip we stayed in Good Sam to plug in and drain and flush tanks etc. Electric hot water worked fine (30 amp) but when I tried propane nothing but a red fault light.
Hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer and maybe figure out myself but losing confidence.
Kitchen island sink drain leaked on floor so we used a basin to use sink and the shock on the exterior door broke at the clip.
Towed with our F150 like a dream on freeway and gravel roads.
Overall awesome trip, great fishing, but disappointed with a few things breaking.

2011 f150 5.0
2019 Bullet 265 rbwi

couple of checks:
Did you look to make sure the fuse operating the WH (the DC fuse) is OK? (Probably is but....)
On the sink, after our shake out on our 26RBPR we had the same problem, only needed to tighten the drain pipe fittings. Hope yours is the same easy fix.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
busterbrown

We had a similar failure with our Atwood HWH last month when we were boondocking in the southwest. I could hear (and smell) the regulator valve open when the LPG switch was turned on but there was no spark coming from the ignitor. The default light would illuminate 10 seconds into the process. After an hour of troubleshooting and a call to Dometic, I ended up just sourcing out a new control board at a local Camping World. Took a chance but all fingers were pointing to that control board. And indeed, that was the solution. Fired right up after the simple install. The hard part was to experience a much lighter wallet as that little bit of circuitry cost's about an arm and a leg.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, water