Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
LCrabtree

Shelves falling down!

Almost every single shelf in almost every cupboard in our Keystone Bullet Premier has fallen down, not from overloading, but from poor design. Every single shelf in each cupboard has 'runners' screwed to the walls on all four sides / edges; however, two of the four 'runners' are ABOVE the shelf and the shelf is only stapled up to the bottom of the runner. This is the poorest and stupidest assembly I've ever seen. No strength except the friction of the vertical staple into the soft fake wood of the runners. In addition there are no more than 3 screws holding each runner to the thin walls. No adhesive was used at all!

I cannot figure out why the shelves were assembled this way. Removing them and putting the 'runners' under the shelf has not been a major task, but why was it not done that way initially? Does anyone have any insight regarding the assembly process and why it is assembled this way?

Are we the only owner with this issue, or is it common?

LCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
jsb5717

You're right...sounds dumb. Sounds like whoever was assigned to shelves on assembly day put them in upside down. All of mine in my Montana have the cleats screwed to walls but the shelves are on top of them
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Same with our Cougar. All the shelves are screwed to the top of the wall supports.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:53 PM   #4
Whit66

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCrabtree View Post
Almost every single shelf in almost every cupboard in our Keystone Bullet Premier has fallen down, not from overloading, but from poor design. Every single shelf in each cupboard has 'runners' screwed to the walls on all four sides / edges; however, two of the four 'runners' are ABOVE the shelf and the shelf is only stapled up to the bottom of the runner. This is the poorest and stupidest assembly I've ever seen. No strength except the friction of the vertical staple into the soft fake wood of the runners. In addition there are no more than 3 screws holding each runner to the thin walls. No adhesive was used at all!

I cannot figure out why the shelves were assembled this way. Removing them and putting the 'runners' under the shelf has not been a major task, but why was it not done that way initially? Does anyone have any insight regarding the assembly process and why it is assembled this way?

Are we the only owner with this issue, or is it common?

We have a 2019 Keystone Courage 30RLS and my pantry shelving seems to be very poor... I am hoping to find a way to improve them to hold all of our necessary food. I am sorry but it seems my picture is turned 90 degrees

I just want better shelving no idea what to install
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pantry shelves.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	23091  
Whit66 is offline   Reply With Quote