Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #1
Shersimmo

Bedroom door on 3720RL

My husband and I just purchased a 2019 3720RL. We have noticed on our first trip out that when the slide is extended out, the bedroom door opening is too large for the door, so door swings past the latch.

We talked to RV dealer about getting this rectified and were told that Keystones answer is to not put the slide all the way out. Keep it in a half inch so the door will latch into door frame.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is our dealership just not wanting to fix the problem.
Shersimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:09 AM   #2
fatcatzzz

Mine was the same way. Since we have a washer,dryer I thought is not good to have the slide all the way out. My fix was to shim behind the hinges with 3/8" material from Home Depot. I did have to get longer screws.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
Cbrez

Thanks for joining the forum - glad to have you. You’ve got a beautiful Montana that is sure to provide great adventures and many good memories.

Regarding your issue, I don’t buy the argument that you should not extend the slide all the way out for the door to latch. You almost certainly have weatherstripping on the backside of the interior slide trim designed to contact the wall to provide a weathertight seal when the slide is fully (not partially) extended. I view this as an excuse to explain away an obvious design flaw. I would press to have a correctly sized door installed under warranty.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:45 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shersimmo View Post
My husband and I just purchased a 2019 3720RL. We have noticed on our first trip out that when the slide is extended out, the bedroom door opening is too large for the door, so door swings past the latch.

We talked to RV dealer about getting this rectified and were told that Keystones answer is to not put the slide all the way out. Keep it in a half inch so the door will latch into door frame.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is our dealership just not wanting to fix the problem.
Welcome to the forum

I am sure the engineers meant for the slide to extend fully and the door to function as designed. IMHO your dealer is trying to skirt the issue and not fix it. I would press for a proper repair and once fixed, no longer support that dealer. I have seen this issue in other brands and we were ALWAYS paid to correct it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #5
Shersimmo

Thank you for your advise. We are taking trailer in to get problems fixed. Will request that they do something. Now we have a crack in shower, and several other small issues.
Shersimmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom