Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2019, 08:02 AM   #21
pdaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastham View Post
2016 cougar .any ideas how the water gets past the rubber gasket on the pass through compartment doors the top of the hinge has been silicone the water always shows up on the inside lip. No sign of water in the inside. I am thinking about crawling in and shutting the door and have wife hose it down.
Check the camlocks on the doors to see if they are "all weather" or you may also need to put some sealant between the door and the camlock mounting flange. Yes, I have had those leak.
pdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:18 AM   #22
babaloo

We have a 2018 Keystone Cougar 279 RKSWE. It leaked from the get-go, on the inside TOP, of the pass through compartment door, coming from somewhere up above !
Took 2 trys at dealer to locate, as we could not find the origin. Turns out, the area where the shower pan joins the walls, had little or no silicone sealer. Got it fixed under warranty, and now seems OK. At the same time, we also had a puddle develop, inside, on bathroom floor, next to shower. I agree that a thorough PDI is very important, but how does one check for smaller, hidden leaks, when it's new, and you first pick it up ???!!! Dang near impossible !
babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:34 AM   #23
42FOUNTAIN

Door leaks

Right side of my pass through door on 357 2018 Fuzion leaked 4 times.
The dealer found the correct gasket to stop the " seal " from leaking. Also the hinge handle mechanism started to leak that releases the latch. The inside of the door had gotten wet.

New door assembly complete and correct gasket took care of the issues.
Dry now. Gasket box was marked incorrectly wrong part number from factory.
42FOUNTAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #24
Steveo57

I was cleaning up the storage area today and noticed a small section of the floor where I had a leak from the screws in the door frame is soft. I sealed it up good last spring and have not noticed any evidence of leakage.

I cut the darco under the area and it's not wet but damp. Could moisture from a leak almost a year ago still be trapped in the flooring? It's linoleum on top and darco on the bottom so could it be trapping the moisture? I'll leave it open underneath and see if it drys out.

Probably going to pull the door out and make sure it's sealed up tight.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:32 PM   #25
Rubicon100

Ours was leaking through the key hole. The piece that closes when you pull the key out was staying open.
I used graphite and worked the key back and forth until it closed when you pulled the key out. I also ran a bead of silicone on the inside of the frame behind the seal. All of ours leaked but I think it's okay now and I caught it before any problems.
Rubicon100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak