Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2022, 08:12 PM   #41
LHaven

OK, assuming I'm looking at the right bundle, i see a red and two blues, and probably a white or black I can't see; I assume the blues are the thermostat. I'll check out my own rig in daylight and hopefully Amos wired it the same. It's short-time, and we may have to do this trip with only the ceramic heater and tank heaters (four subfreezing nights forecast).
(So happy DW happened across a free electric blanket, it will surely get its first real workout.)
Old 03-08-2022, 06:46 AM   #42
MarkEHansen

Yes, the thermostat wires are both blue. they will have label sleeves on them to identify "Thermostat" and "+Thermostat". The power wires are red (for +12v) and I don't remember the other color - I think white, but it doesn't really matter, as it's the only other wire in that 4-wire bundle.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:38 AM   #43
ChuckS

I am guessing that you have the Dometic LCD thermostat .. it interfaces via a control relay junction box. Your unit most likely doesn’t have a gateway

The roof AC unit control board is where the furnace blue signal wires should be connected to as shown in second image

I’ve identified the relay that is most likely having an issue and nit letting the furnace get its signal source down to the furnace control board to turn on

The second image shows your relay junction box as well as the roof control board

You can go on the roof and temp connect the blue (+) to complete the circuit and the furnace should then run

NOTE ..
This is a temp check ONlY to verify furnace receives the 12 volt source signal down to its control board to run.. there is NO Thermostat control while this is jumpered
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	065DFF49-E4AC-4E2C-9150-0AB79B5CEF46.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	38668   Click image for larger version

Name:	C84E712A-B4C7-45B0-910F-98D87070A090.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	38669  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 10:24 AM   #44
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I am guessing that you have the Dometic LCD thermostat .. it interfaces via a control relay junction box. Your unit most likely doesn’t have a gateway
Not sure if "you" means "me" or somebody else, but I definitely have both inCommand and a gateway.

I'm buffaloed. We got to our destination, expecting to have to survive on our space heaters, and so far (four nights) the furnace has worked flawlessly, including our first night when we had to warm the rig up from road temperature, which was low 40s. And three of those nights were sub-freezing.

So I have to say, my first guess is simply that "some wire is loose" and the trip shook it back into connecting.

I guess when I get home, I'll just have to lengthen up those feed wires and learn how to extract the unit from the cubby under the fridge, then get to it.
Old 03-13-2022, 11:23 AM   #45
MarkEHansen

On our unit (which is the same as yours) the wires are too short to remove the furnace from its mounting compartment. We took the wires loose from the outside fridge cavity and used a string to pull new wires down into the furnace area from above.

I then added 4-way connectors to the original furnace wires and the new wires pulled into that cavity so I can unplug it later if I need to.

It wasn't very difficult. I can provide more details if you like.

Tags
furnace, heat, incommand