Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2017, 08:59 PM   #21
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
We also went with a topper for our mattress and it was a great move. We love to sleep on the mattress now.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:00 AM   #22
xrated

We decided to take our 20+ year old sleep number mattress off of the bedroom bed and move it to the TH., then bought a new sleep number for the house. It's really nice having the "same" bed in both places.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:01 AM   #23
Dave W

Unfortunately, the OP has said he has a short queen - and with the choices on replacement being pretty small, I would opt for a topper that could be cut to size. That length might be possibly increased with a new platform top. If so, replacement choice would get much better as every mattress store will have a dozen or more different queen mattresses. We swapped ours at the dealer's with the almost new Simmons Beautirest from our trade.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:34 PM   #24
JBauern

We ordered one from Amazon. Zinus is the maker. Zinus Sleep Master Deluxe Spring 10 Inch Pillow Top RV / Camper / Trailer / Truck Mattress, Short Queen.memory foam top, with pocketed Cool springs. We like it so much, we are going to get a full size queen for our home.
JBauern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:55 AM   #25
hdrolling

I'm disabled due to a bad back, tried the memory foam topper and it made trying to sleep worse for me.

Eventually after the first couple weeks of camping we broke down and ordered the RV sleep number bed, it's shorter than a normal sleep number. There expensive but worth it and have a 25 yr warranty so no worry about it getting a hole.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:59 PM   #26
RLM5150

We put a 2 or 3" foam topper and a nice thick mattress pad and have been very please with the mattress. I was expecting to eventually replace it, but with the additions it has been much better than expected.
RLM5150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress