Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #21
Nitka

As the former human parent of kitty variety furbabies, who most of which had potty problems, I can only give my experience. No matter which kitty it was, there was a problem. Turns out, cats are only trying to relay messages and urine is one of the major components of their language. Something is making the kitty unhappy.

I know some take their cats in trailers/rvs with no problem, but in my experience, it would not have worked. There isn't enough room or places for the cat to feel safe. One suggestion of putting the litter under the seat may work for some, but in nature cats want to see around them while they take care of business. This is how they stay safe and alive. Getting trapped in a box at the most awkward of moments can be a major fear trigger.

My advice is to get a box in front and back of the rig. Get lots of interactive toys, preferably some that feed them (look up homemade puzzle feeders) and some perches to sit up high and look down on the trailer.

Good luck, it tore me up for years giving up my babies, but I finally realized I could not give them what they needed and found someone who could.
Nitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:53 AM   #22
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
If it was a dog I'd have some answers and some sympathy for you. As it's a cat I'd drop it off at the nearest Chinese restaurant and carry on with my travels.
I couldn't imagine what your trailer must smell like.
Exactly my thought,,,

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #23
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
I'm thinking if you lock them in a trunk, you may not want to be the person to come back and let them out. Running and hiding might be better!
I rest my case...
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #24
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
I rest my case...
Touché.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:34 PM   #25
Rubicon100

We have two outside cats who never leave the yard but every time I am working outside if I leave the garage door open the little cat likes to jump on my truck. I'm pretty particular about keeping the truck clean, anyway I found a pretty neat cat repellent at the pet store and you set it up so when the cat walks by it trips a censor and let's out a blast of air. I set one on each side of the garage door and after a couple blasts of air she stays far away from the garage. I think they are cheaper on eBay. Dan
2017 2670bh pulling with a 2012 Silverado crew cab 4x4 with the factory tow package. Upgraded to 3.73,s after market trans cooler. All fluids changed to valvolene synthetic. Air lift 2000 bags and an equalizer 4 point hitch.
Rubicon100 is offline   Reply With Quote