Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #61
John&Genny

We wondered about those decorative lights as well above the pantry. Hopefully they are LED and will last until we end up in a senior center BTW, nice picture. You should work for Keystone marketing
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #62
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
We wondered about those decorative lights as well above the pantry. Hopefully they are LED and will last until we end up in a senior center BTW, nice picture. You should work for Keystone marketing
Grabbed the pantry picture off their web site.

RV - 2017 Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4
NorskeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:21 PM   #63
NorskeBob

Covered the steps to the bedroom/bath. The color match is better than what the picture show. Caprice Bullnose Carpet Stair Tread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steps.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	12912  

Old 06-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #64
John&Genny

I wish you wouldn't post nice pictures like that. My wife will see those and say to me "Honey, that looks really nice, will you do that also!?"

Last trip we installed the Vizio 32" TV along with the bracket in the bedroom. I found a bracket on Amazon that had good ratings:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A very hefty mount and can easily handle larger displays. Even includes a built-in level to make sure you are square Using a stud finder it was easy to find the aluminum stud and get the bracket arm attached. Then just had to attach the VESA 100 mounting bracket, slide it into the arm notches, and it was done. Easy peezy, well, almost

Also installed the Furrion wireless backup camera/monitor:

https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-FOS48.../dp/B010XWNFOM

The newer Avalanches and other Keystone RV's have the Furrion mounting bracket and wiring pre-installed so it was easy to do that one. Just plug-in the camera, attach it to the bracket, setup the monitor in the truck, and that was it. As soon as I turned on the monitor I was looking at the rear view. I did need to make a small adjustment to the camera for the right viewing angle.

That's about it for the mods I wanted to do on the 320 right now. Eventually once the warranty runs out, I would like to do a hard wired Progressive Industries surge protector system. Plus I may need to do the carpet if the wife reads the forum
Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #65
NorskeBob

Nice Mods John&Genny.

Have not pulled the trigger on a backup camera but I did install a TPMS - TireTraker TT-500. Easy installation. It is within 2# of a tire gauge. It will enable me to monitor tire pressure and temperature. I did purchase the booster (cheaper when purchasing the unit). I did not install the booster yet. Will try it out next weekend and see if I need the booster. I walked about 60 feet from the RV and I could still monitor tire pressure and temperature

Why I decided to install the TPMS:
Last year in September we lost the rear wheel on the drivers side of our previous RV. The outer bearing had failed. I did not even know that we had lost the wheel. A driver passed us and alerted of us of the problem. The TT-500 may have helped us see the problem coming before it did. It would have at least let me know we lost the wheel.

Picture of wheel chained up so we could get off the thruway and second picture is the damage to the side of the RV.

If this were to occur on our Avalanche the rear leveling jack would be damaged too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wheel 6.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	12961   Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	12962  

Old 06-09-2017, 12:07 PM   #66
NorskeBob

It appears that the bedroom AC is not connected to the ceiling AC duct work. I think some Keystone products have the 2nd AC connected to the duct work.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #67
Randyj

I have found the same issue with my 361tg, the solution I felt that worked better was remove the 2 vent covers off the ducts in the ceiling. They just snap off. Made a difference
1975 Cignet
2005 Prowler 33ft
2007 Springdale 267bhs
2008 Prowler 31bh
2010 Springdale fifth wheel 29 bh
2011 Cougar 322qbs
2015 Avalanche 361tg
Randyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #68
Randyj

My cold air comes from back air conditioner
1975 Cignet
2005 Prowler 33ft
2007 Springdale 267bhs
2008 Prowler 31bh
2010 Springdale fifth wheel 29 bh
2011 Cougar 322qbs
2015 Avalanche 361tg
Randyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:08 PM   #69
John&Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorskeBob View Post
It appears that the bedroom AC is not connected to the ceiling AC duct work. I think some Keystone products have the 2nd AC connected to the duct work.
Genny and I tested our bedroom AC this afternoon Bob and the air does come through the main vents. It's not blasting through but it is definitely coming in the vents. One thing you will find is that there are also vents on the AC unit itself that you can open up for a "quick cool". If those are open, then what you have coming through the ducting would be miniscule.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:55 AM   #70
CaptnJohn

Quote:

The AC in the bedroom of my Montana is ducted. Using the same ductwork as the main unit I wonder how effective it will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #71
trooper253

I ran into an issue with the AC on my 361TG. The front AC is ducted by on mine the duct work was taped so that it did not allow much air flow. The same for the rear unit. The problem we had was the living/kitchen area would not get cool. I took it in under warranty and they re did the duct work and put two more vents in the living/kitchen area and it works much better.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #72
NorskeBob

Finally got the Avalanche for a weekend of camping - to my surprise the bathroom sink is plumbed to the black water tank. Was not like that in any of our other campers. Picture getting ready to go.

I replaced the hitch head on our Husky 16K hitch - the Avalanche towed much better. The old hitch head was 14 years old and the pivot and friction points must have been worn.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0136 - Copy.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	13139  

Old 06-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #73
John&Genny

Quote:
Finally got the Avalanche for a weekend of camping - to my surprise the bathroom sink is plumbed to the black water tank. Was not like that in any of our other campers.
Are you absolutely positive it's connected to the black water tank? It sure seems that this would be a health issue, if nothing else a possible way to get some nasty smells into the bathroom other than from the toilet. We have two grey water tanks, you would think one would be for the kitchen, and the other for the shower/bathroom sink.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #74
NorskeBob

Quote:
Are you absolutely positive it's connected to the black water tank? It sure seems that this would be a health issue, if nothing else a possible way to get some nasty smells into the bathroom other than from the toilet. We have two grey water tanks, you would think one would be for the kitchen, and the other for the shower/bathroom sink.
I am sure that the bathroom sink is going to the black water tank. At the state park campground with full hook ups I saw the black water tank level go up while flushing the water lines via the bathroom sink.

As an additional check - When I got home I put a 5 gallon bucket under the sewer hose connection, opened the black tank valve and emptied the remaining contents in the tank. About 1 gallon of black tank contents emptied into the bucket. I then dumped 3 gallons of water into the bathroom sink and saw that the water came out of the sewer hose connection via the "black tank valve".

So it looks like our tanks provide the following: 2 gray water tanks - kitchen and shower (about 42 gallons each) and 1 black water tank - toilet and bathroom sink (49 gallons).

We have owned 7 RVs (motor homes, pull behinds and fifth wheels) since 1989 and none of them had the bathroom sink routed to the black water tank.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:07 PM   #75
Thundershorts

I found it strange that the sink goes into the black holding tank, this is the first trailer that I've had plumbed this way. When I first brought the trailer home, I filled the holding tanks to check the lights and flush them. I originally thought the sensors were not working, until I checked the black tank level. I am hoping it will not be an issue when I don't have full hookups.
Thundershorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:44 AM   #76
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershorts View Post
I found it strange that the sink goes into the black holding tank, this is the first trailer that I've had plumbed this way. When I first brought the trailer home, I filled the holding tanks to check the lights and flush them. I originally thought the sensors were not working, until I checked the black tank level. I am hoping it will not be an issue when I don't have full hookups.
E-Mail from Keystone:
Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. Yes, in some models, the determination was made to route the sink to the black tank. If you have additional questions, let me know. Have a great day!

Old 06-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #77
John&Genny

Quote:
E-Mail from Keystone:
Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. Yes, in some models, the determination was made to route the sink to the black tank. If you have additional questions, let me know. Have a great day!
Well I think we know for sure now, although it still seems a bit wierd they would do it that way.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:29 AM   #78
NorskeBob

Quote:
Genny and I tested our bedroom AC this afternoon Bob and the air does come through the main vents. It's not blasting through but it is definitely coming in the vents. One thing you will find is that there are also vents on the AC unit itself that you can open up for a "quick cool". If those are open, then what you have coming through the ducting would be miniscule.
Checked it again and it is aligned to the ceiling ducts - closing the vents on each side does allow for more airflow through the ducting.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:11 AM   #79
NorskeBob

Dry camping:

Performed our first dry camping with our 320RS. We were at the Watkins Glen race track for the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen. We arrived Thursday morning and left Sunday Afternoon after the race. This usually the only time we dry camp in the summer - unless we go to the Vintage Cup weekend too. It was nice to have our home on wheels at the track.

I was expecting a wet weekend so I put 2" X10" X 8' boards under the wheels on each side. I had the long boards made to make it easier to get my 160 lb. yamaha generator in and out of the truck bed. I have 2" X10" X12" inch boards for the leveling jacks. We were lucky that we only got one big storm come through during one of the mornings.

I brought along a Honda 2000 watt generator to power the RV a couple times during the day. I use an RV adapter 30 amp adapter that I purchased with my yamaha generator to connect the generator to the RV power cord. I ran both fantastic fans (kitchen and bathroom) 24 hrs/day and kept the frig on GAS. Ran the generator for battery recharging and running AC voltage appliances. Kept the generator under the table/chair slide and had it locked to the front rear leg on that side. I use a large master lock and heavy duty plastic coated cable. I have the Anti-theft bracket installed on the generator carrying handle

I used the generator when it came time to put the slides in and the rear jacks up. Used power from the truck for bringing the front jacks up. We were limited on space for hitching up the RV so I used the generator to minimize the time I was blocking the road. The batteries were discharged enough that I did not want to try using the electric slide, hydraulic slide and rear jacks. I am going to install a DC voltmeter in the battery compartment so I can monitor the battery discharge (better then the monitor panel lights).

One odd thing - I filled the water tank about 1/4 full before we left for the track. When I got to the track and tried to fill the water tank initially no water entered the tank. I have a 90 degree elbow on the city water connection and I took it off and then was able to put water in the tank. It seemed that there was plenty of water pressure to open the back flow preventer (check valve) on the city water inlet. Removing the 90 degree fitting seemed to help. I will connect the RV to the city water at home and do a test using a water pressure regulator - will see how much pressure is needed to open the inlet check valve. (note I have a 45 degree on the black tank flush to make it easier to connect flush water).

We used the shower in the trailer instead of the ones in the rest rooms. We took "submarine showers" to minimize water use. We did add about 14 gallons of water to the fresh water tank via the vent connection. I used a 7 gallon water tank and a funnel that has a flex hose on it. Pouring the water in slow and letting the tank "burp" a couple of times allowed water to enter the tank.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	614HCrl52QL._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	13242   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0192 - Copy.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	13243   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0191 - Copy.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	13244   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0193 - Copy.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	13245   Click image for larger version

Name:	712jahKjvLL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	13246  

Old 07-04-2017, 07:57 AM   #80
reddog7571

M&M,
How do you fill your fresh water tank once you are already at your camp site? Just remove the over fill cover and use some kind of funnel?
reddog7571 is offline   Reply With Quote