Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2017, 04:07 AM   #21
Javi

Only thing I got to say... every federal park that I've ever stayed at has had a check-out, check-in and office hours... I seriously can't lay all of the blame on the campground office if the camper couldn't bother to call when it became apparent that they would not be checking in during business hours...

Over the years I've had several instances where we were delayed and would arrive after closing... I've always called ahead as soon as I knew I would be late
Old 06-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #22
flipazn

Higm km

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE
2015 F150 XLT 3.5L ecoboost
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Air Lift Ride Control Airbags
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:10 PM   #23
Ken / Claudia

Whats not listed is the rules regarding late arrival. Just me but, 1st I would have read the late check in rules. 2nd I would have gladly woke up the camp host. Usually at the marked camp host spot or listed at the check in office, also many have phone numbers listed there to use when the office is closed. 3nd stay parked at the office until they open and get a refund. Last year at a state park, I arrived at check in time 1pm, there was still a RV in the site and no one there. Check out time was 11am. I drove to camp host and we arrived back at site the folks showed up. They had a mentally challenged son and the short walk turned into a long day for them. What can you say, life is to short to be mad about it. I got into the site an hour later.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:52 PM   #24
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
Whats not listed is the rules regarding late arrival. Just me but, 1st I would have read the late check in rules. 2nd I would have gladly woke up the camp host. Usually at the marked camp host spot or listed at the check in office, also many have phone numbers listed there to use when the office is closed. 3nd stay parked at the office until they open and get a refund. Last year at a state park, I arrived at check in time 1pm, there was still a RV in the site and no one there. Check out time was 11am. I drove to camp host and we arrived back at site the folks showed up. They had a mentally challenged son and the short walk turned into a long day for them. What can you say, life is to short to be mad about it. I got into the site an hour later.
In the end we're all just here camping until the Big Guy gives us the final check out notice. I'm sure they appreciated your consideration
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4669.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	13154  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #25
Cheryl

Good information to call ahead a few times to check on the reservation even if you're not late. Ill sure do that next trip. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground