Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2017, 04:14 AM   #1
Double b

Laredo TT Mods

After reading all the Mods sights here for other RV types, I thought I would start one for ours. We have a 2014 Laredo 303TG new to us last year and have been adding mods so we can take the trailer on a month long trip this summer. We have received tons of advice from this sight from all the great people. I though we would post the results for all to see.

Besides adding to the outsides add-ons of Jack Stabilizers earlier this spring, and rebuilding the electric jack we have been recently adding on inside.

In the Bathroom we remove the surround and tub to upgrade the plywood sub-base under the tub. Used 3/4" and the tub base does not move at all anymore. Don't have to worry about feeling like I would fall thru anymore.

Here is the surround out. Only held in with the X-Mass tree clips, 2 way tape, and silicone bead around the edge. Very simple to get out and back in;

Click image for larger version

Name:	surround out.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	13015

Name:	surround out-2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	13016

Here is the tube before coming out;

Name:	Shower base back in.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	13014

Here is the new plywood base in. A lot more coverage and strength than before;

Name:	New base.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	13013

Also added shelving in the corner above the toilet. There was never enough room for towels;

Name:	Selves-1.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	13017

Name:	Shelves-2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	13018

Thinking of putting up netting across the front to hold the towels in when on the road. That will be later though.

Also took out the plumbing blocking panel in the sink cupboard. Zip tied the loose hoses back so we have more room for the stuff that traveling with 4 girls requires., IE, hair dryer, straightening iron, TP's and so on...

That the bathroom upgrades. Never touched the fan. Still works and don't see the reason for upgrading to a maxx air one yet.
Double b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:24 AM   #2
Double b

Continued

Also reworked the Pantry cabinet. Took out the access panel and mounted the Progressive Surge protector and added more shoe storage.

Name:	Pantry-1.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	13019

Name:	Pantry-2.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	13020

Also added another shelf in the pantry. Can't hang any suit coats on hangers anymore, but I can put more can goods and the ice maker in there now. Sorry no pictures of that one.

Also added more shelves under the TV. The TT did not come with any shelves in the cabinet before. A lot of wasted space.

Name:	TV-1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	13021

Next fixed how the dinette seat cabinets floor did not extend to the slide floor. We had the floor snagged one the first times we operated the slide when we got it. The vacuum cord got under the slide when retracting and snagged the vinyl flooring. So fixed this;

Name:	Dinnette-1.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	13022

Name:	Dinnette-2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	13023

Wont happen again.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:39 AM   #3
Double b

In the main kitchen hallway we added hooks galore. Some place to hang all the hoodies and pull overs that come with kids. Added a hardwood board an mounted a cheap coat rack to it. Did use small wind bolts where I could not find a wall stud;

Name:	Hooks.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	13024

Also in the master bedroom we added a shoe rack under the front lip of mattress. This is where DW's shoes go;

Name:	Shoe strorage-1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	13025

Name:	Shoe strorage-2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	13026

Name:	Shoe strorage-3.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	13027

Currently staining and painting the removable shelves in the side of the bed cabinets. We don't have clothes that hang, but we wanted on side to be able to accommodate hanging clothes seeing there is not other place in the trailer now. So DW side will be fixed shelves and my side will be removable. She get 2 shelves and I will only have 1. When complete I will post updated pictures.

Name:	Bedroom shelves.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	13028

We also want to add vents for these same cupboards. It is our feeling that the heat build up in the cabinets in the bedroom are causing the cap to oxidant faster and cause the clear coat to fail. Similar failure mode as the automotive hood sin the 90's without the heat shield under the hoods.

We are almost done with mods, but are always looking for good ideas to maximize space and efficiency. Please post any mods you have completed on your Laredo trailer.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:24 AM   #4
Acableguy06

Looks Great!! Your floor plan looks just like my 13' Cougar 32RBK on the inside. Small differences is the pantry at the power center, my power center takes up the whole bottom, and then my power cord goes in just above that, then pantry on top. My toilet is mounted at an angle in the bathroom, everything else appears the same from the pics. I will be doing the same thing to the dinette storage, that is a great idea. I just got this and thought that was odd how it hangs over the slide.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:12 AM   #5
Double b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acableguy06 View Post
Looks Great!! Your floor plan looks just like my 13' Cougar 32RBK on the inside. Small differences is the pantry at the power center, my power center takes up the whole bottom, and then my power cord goes in just above that, then pantry on top. My toilet is mounted at an angle in the bathroom, everything else appears the same from the pics. I will be doing the same thing to the dinette storage, that is a great idea. I just got this and thought that was odd how it hangs over the slide.
Lesson learned the hard way, that overhang will eventually snag the flooring. It is a must. We have a couple small tears in the flooring due to it.

I recommend this mod above all the others. It will save your floor.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #6
Acableguy06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double b View Post
Lesson learned the hard way, that overhang will eventually snag the flooring. It is a must. We have a couple small tears in the flooring due to it.

I recommend this mod above all the others. It will save your floor.
Got a "floor" under the dinette storage now and got some shoe trays for under there. Will be great place for shoes for the family.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2146.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	13077   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2147.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	13078  
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags