Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2019, 03:24 PM   #1
Wgissel

Slideout top won't slide in.

2014 Outback. It is a very long slide our 21 ft. Until a week ago it has work great. To get it to close I have to have done push and rock the trailer to get it to pull in. When you first hit the In button you can watch the bottom of the slide pull in. The bottom comes in a few inches and top hasnt moved if I keep the button in it will stop coming in. Ideas,like the floor pan of the TT want to keep it.
Wgissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
RubyCJ

Is the trailer level?
Will the slide go in fully after you rock it to get the top to start moving?
Old 01-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Some questions; a 21' slide??? What kind of system - hydraulic or cable (I assume cable)? Has it worked fine until just now? If so, what changed? If the bottom comes in and the top doesn't, have you watched the cables/pulleys while pulling it in (assuming it's cable)? Is something in a bind? Lots of things to look at to discern the issue...but you have to look it over.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:20 PM   #4
Wgissel

It is a gear system , pulling what looks like 2 sq box steel on the bottom. Need to do what you said and check k it over. Only change was it sat for about 6 months closed up? 1st time I toke it out it acted as it is.
Wgissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
ajk170

I had a similar problem recently with my 2015 316RL and the living room slide. The initial symptoms for about 12 months were the slide would shudder as it would come in. I assumed it was out of ailignment and then the last symptom was it would stop, I would release the button and re-press and it would continue. Finally it just stopped one day when I was bringing it back in. The DW then held the button down and myself with another camper pushed on the outside of the slide and it went in without a problem. Upon getting home I took it to our local RV repair place in El Paso(NOT CW) and they diagnosed it as the motor. $200 dollars for the motor and 2 hours labor now it seems to work better than before. Full disclosure- I had CW of JAX repair a simplistic symptom of the suffering back in early 2016 and they did not do as good of job on adjusting the cables as I expected for their hourly rate (charged me 4 hours and I’m being polite as to the quality of their work). So when’s rue symptom resurfaced, I just lived with what I thought was out of adjustment. Maybe it was and that contributed to the failure of the motor(?)
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout