Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
jq1031

Question New grill

Now that I've got the quick disconnect situation resolved, I"m thinking of upgrading the grill. The present one is a Weber Q, 5 years old & alot of use. I'm somewhat intrigued by the Olympian 5500 Stainless grill with the smoker pan. Any comments on this grill & it's smoker pan? I'm happy with Weber but maybe this is better!! I did read somewhere that it did not heat well, but a couple other reviews raved about it.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
SLIMSHADIE

Joe, I bought this grill 1.5 years ago. It had mixed reviews on Amazon, but I still bought it over the RVQ. Most of the reviews were about the spot welds-breaking, but when I got mine, it was pop riveted. I have used this grill twice and it works for our family of 4. Its a backup for grilling out.

I actually use another grate for cooking over the fire, easier to clean up.

http://www.kotulas.com/deals/bobaque...-outdoor-grill
Old 05-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
jq1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMSHADIE View Post
Joe, I bought this grill 1.5 years ago. It had mixed reviews on Amazon, but I still bought it over the RVQ. Most of the reviews were about the spot welds-breaking, but when I got mine, it was pop riveted. I have used this grill twice and it works for our family of 4. Its a backup for grilling out.

I actually use another grate for cooking over the fire, easier to clean up.

http://www.kotulas.com/deals/bobaque...-outdoor-grill
Ordered mine today from Amazon, Slim....the reviews are mixed, 50/50 either way! I like the way it looks, the stand and the already set up quick connect. My older Weber Q is going out with the garbage tonight. It served me well but as of late it would not stay lit (yes I tryed everything). By late summer I'll be in a position to comment on which one I feel is the better grill!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote