Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2018, 04:37 AM   #10
tim5055

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
But the "bow-wave" that is being discussed will still push your rig. Sway isn't the only thing that affects tow vehicle/trailer handling.
A side wind is always going to push the rig sideways. The difference is that the ProPride and the older design Hensley Arrow (both designed by Jim Hensley) project the pivot point forward to the rear axle of the tow vehicle. They both bolt over and block out the conventional ball and the hitch becomes the pivot. This projected pivot point give the stability of a fifth wheel rig.

I have several thousand miles on my ProPride 3P and have never had any sway. On my last trip back form Orlando there were extreme side winds the entire length of Florida. My F-250 and Coachmen tracked as one single unit the entire time.

They are well worth the money.