Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
twvette

Fuzion 420 Air Conditioner ... duct layout/fixes/improvements

Been reading the AC posts for a while now and decided to take the deep dive into mine. It seems like a mess to me in general and found some big issues! Not happy !!!

Here is the duct layout on my 2016 two AC unit with one AC in garage and other in bedroom up front. Not sure they did all of these the same but it is how mine was done. I removed the vents and used a tape measure to see where they all went once an for all:
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC_floorplan.jpg
Views:	1016
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	17597

- the divider in both units keeps falling as just wedged in there so will tape it up to stay
- several vent locations have poor tape seal
- one vent in kitchen the tape was not sealing at all from the roof panel
- The other vent in kitchen is destroyed just above the sink. Can tell it was never right. The hole is off by about 2 inches to mate with the duct. Worse, the duct is ripped for a couple feet in both directions. Lots of wires under duct so wonder if they ripped it pulling wires. Could tell by the tape it was destroyed at factory and just tried to make it look normal rather than fix.
- Not sure why they tried to tie one AC to the other AC on one duct for one of the runs as seems they might fight each other.
- The duct that runs thru the kitchen and in bathroom are terminated, but they ran three and two feet longer respectively past the vent which is just dead space.

No wonder why I cant come close to keeping the rig cool! I never wanted to learn about AC ducting but have been forced to and it took me a while and a lot of reading/messing around to figure it out in my head to solve yet another issue I should not have needed to.

I already have a plan to fix all this with a lot of help from the other AC posts and its late so will add add more info later ...
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, fuzion