Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #11
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
As a note... the OP is in either Australia or Montana... not sure which
You know the song "An Englishman in New York"? Well, I'm an American in Australia.

The confusion arises because the forum software setup for this forum didn't allow for a "Country" field. This is odd, because I signed up to another RV forum that uses the same software, that did have the extra field enabled. So, because our RV will be registered in MT, I just chose that.

FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #12
6Five

I 2nd the "you need a bigger truck" statement above, to pull that 32 foot trailer. An F150 is barely adequate.

6Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:54 AM   #13
gearhead

Yeah, I'd get a 3/4 ton truck. You say "wired for 2nd AC", will the dealer install the AC or the factory? I would get a 2000watt generator; you never know when or if you will need it. Unless you get a great deal, I would just wait until after delivery to get the tires you want.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #14
Desert185

Along with the proposed tire upgrade I would do a wet bolt kit, two 6v golf cart batteries and LED bulbs. Tow it with a 3/4 ton.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Something that hasn't been suggested is the consideration of what you're going to do with the truck and trailer after your "saga". If you plan on selling it at the end of your journey, then buy what you want and enjoy it. If you're planning to keep it in the US for future years, then consider it an investment and spend a little more on the things you believe you'll need.

If, however, you're planning to ship it to Australia when you've completed your journey, then you might want to touch base with someone at an RV import center there. Learn about the rules for importation, the restrictions (both legal and practical) with the specific rig you're considering. Things like converting the 110 VAC system to 220 VAC, how the appliances (air conditioners <two>) will interface with the different voltage systems, availability of parts to convert the trailer to meet Australian requirements. It may be (and then again, it may not be) that you can't import that particular model because of something as simple as it's 6" too long and not allowed.....

Without knowing your plans, this is not a "don't do it" but a "be sure you can do it" kind of suggestion.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote