Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2023, 10:21 AM   #1
Pull Toy

Lippert Level-Up

Last couple trips the control panel for my 6 wayl hydraulic level-up has been kind of "lazy". I have to push the ON button several times before it lights up. Then I have to push the extend button for a split second to activate the pump before it will let me retract the landing gear after hooking up. Everything works, but it takes a few times on the keyboard. I replaced the pump servo relays two years ago and the room slides are working perfectly.

Before I pull the control head out of its cubby and break the waterproofing, can I clean the contacts or connectors, or do I need a new control panel? I don't want to CR*P OUT on a site on checkout day when it leaves me!

Thx,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 02:32 PM   #2
TXiceman

Theise keypads are not really serviceable. It is a cheap micro switch or a carbon contactor. About the only choice is to replace the panel.

Ken
Old 08-20-2023, 05:47 PM   #3
bobbecky

This was the original touch pad for the hydraulic system, which is NLA (No Longer Available). https://www.trekwood.com/products/77...ulic-5th-Wheel

This is the replacement part, which is just plug and play. It looks different, but all the buttons work like the original panel. https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Level...e%2C398&sr=1-2
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 09:34 AM   #4
ChuckS

If it were mine I would try these things
1. Remove the touch panel and reseat the ribbon cable plug on the back of the panel
2. Located up inside the forward front compartment door up high is the contrlol module for the entire system
3. Remove the cable plugs one by one and reinsert

… doing the above items will “wipe” the plug connections slightly and may provide a better electrical contact
.. the touch panel gets it’s power and sends and receives its data across one cable from the fwd front controller

Images from my 2014 Alpine from a PDF I wrote but too large to UL here

** in the last image identified by a blue square is the plug in from the Lippert level up panel to the front fwd controller
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9884.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	512.7 KB
ID:	44929   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9885.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	44930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9886.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	418.7 KB
ID:	44931   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9887.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	44932  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 10:29 AM   #5
Pull Toy

I found and cleaned the contacts in the hydro servo and the main logic board on the ceiling of the front compartment. Control panel is getting 13.7 vdc while on shore power, 12.4 on battery. Everything seems to be back to normal. I can't get to the back of the control head without removing the weatherproofed access door on the outside of the rig. Should I break the rtv seal around the access door to clean the connecting jack / cable on this end, or let sleeping dogs lie? The access door keeps the controller out of the weather, and doesn't show any sign of corrosion or weather infiltration.

THX

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Old 09-02-2023, 10:46 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
I found and cleaned the contacts in the hydro servo and the main logic board on the ceiling of the front compartment. Control panel is getting 13.7 vdc while on shore power, 12.4 on battery. Everything seems to be back to normal. I can't get to the back of the control head without removing the weatherproofed access door on the outside of the rig. Should I break the rtv seal around the access door to clean the connecting jack / cable on this end, or let sleeping dogs lie? The access door keeps the controller out of the weather, and doesn't show any sign of corrosion or weather infiltration.

THX
Personally I’d leave it alone.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 11:44 AM   #7
Pull Toy

Does the controller panel pop out of the compartment? (Picture as in ChuckS post in this thread)

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...9&d=1692639201

Thx