Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #21
miaoreo

Wow the horror stories just don't end, do they? I guess it just shows how bad customer service has gotten, not only in the RV world but in all aspects of business...

Dang Right we look COLD! It was 7 with a wind chill of -2 the day we picked up the Alpine!
miaoreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #22
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaoreo View Post
Wow the horror stories just don't end, do they? I guess it just shows how bad customer service has gotten, not only in the RV world but in all aspects of business...
It not only emphasizes how bad customer service has gotten, but, as is mentioned on the forum repeatedly, how very important it is to make sure you have a stand up dealer before you buy from them or take something in for service.

I know many folks prefer mom and pop dealerships, and, if you know them, or have done your research on them, they may be just stellar. But if they aren't, as the example above shows, you are at the complete mercy of one individual; so you better get it right the first time. I prefer a larger chain so that my options do not run out at the front desk.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #23
miaoreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
It not only emphasizes how bad customer service has gotten, but, as is mentioned on the forum repeatedly, how very important it is to make sure you have a stand up dealer before you buy from them or take something in for service.

I know many folks prefer mom and pop dealerships, and, if you know them, or have done your research on them, they may be just stellar. But if they aren't, as the example above shows, you are at the complete mercy of one individual; so you better get it right the first time. I prefer a larger chain so that my options do not run out at the front desk.

Well that was my original issue! I went to Camping World, you don't get much larger than that! And they totally lied to me and didn't fix ANYTHING until I went in to pick up my unit, which they had told me was READY, and it Wasn't... Camping World of Lowell, Arkansas service dept is totally Incompetent! They NEVER returned my phone calls, They did NOT fix my refrigerator and they didn't fix anything until I went into the store and stood in front of the Service Manager and LOUDLY voiced my displeasure!!!:bangh ead:

Dang Right we look COLD! It was 7 with a wind chill of -2 the day we picked up the Alpine!
miaoreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #24
sourdough

Yes, unfortunately I have to agree. There are good ones and bad ones both big and small.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #25
gearhead

Find a Mom & Pop repair only shop that has been in business forever, that your neighbors use, that the owners work at, that is an authorized warranty shop for your broken components.
They are out there.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay, 150 Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18' x 44", B&S 35HP Surface Drive
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #26
ImTravis

My biggest issue with Keystone warranty was when our front cap faded at about 2 years. We kept it covered in wintertime, so the second season we took it out, we noticed the fade. Reached out to our dealer, and sent pics. They reached out to Keystone, who denied it, because it was right at 2 years. We would've most likely reported sooner, had we not taken care of it, and put it under cover during the winter (which was approx 12 months out of 24). It was a known issue with 2013 and 2014 models. When I directly reached out and asked why I was being punished for taking care of my trailer, they stated that the warranty was from the date built, not date of purchase (as it was less than two years since purchase).
I'm hoping our new manufacturer will take care of any warranty issues, as any other issue we had with our trailer, I took care of myself (except the A/C recall, let CW take care of it for s).
Old 05-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #27
mhbell

Thumbs down These are the reasons I will never buy New Again

I have owned several New RV's over the last 40 plus years and will never buy another New RV of any kind. The only New RV that I bought and never had a problem was a 1998 National Tropi Cal Motor Home. Never had a problem with it in 8 years of ownership. Not even minor things. Never had to have any work done on it. Just routine maintenance. They don't build them like that anymore. Every new RV I have bought since Had problems, some minor and some major. The last new one I bought was a 2017 FR EVO Travel trailer. After 4 months I traded it off for a used 2016 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. To many problems with the EVO. Never will I buy another new RV.
Mel
Old 05-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #28
Auggie Waterman

I agree with you Cougar Pelt- you must check every little thing, be prepared to spend 2 hours at least on your walkthrough and if they won't connect water and sewer I'd be hesitant to buy from that dealer. AFter reading this I feel like canceling our six year extended warranty. Nothing too complicated in the trailer except maybe the fridge and AC.

Just because other brands/dealers suck is zero excuse for any brand to have a terrible or non-existent quality control.
Auggie Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #29
cougar high country 2013

We have a grand design Soletude 5th wheel. Shortly after we had a leak under the bathroom FL when flushing black tank. Contacted GD. and they didn't hesitate to fix the problem we actually called a Mobile rv and they came to our site and took care of the issue. In the summer another issue came up and once again they didn't hesitate and problem resolved. Great customer service in my opinion.
cougar high country 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:13 PM   #30
Bttravel

I have to give kudos to my dealer, Byerly RV. They were able to get two things on two different occasions covered under warranty about 2 and 4 months out of coverage. I did document well with numerous photos, measurements, etc. They told me that's what made it easier to get them to cover it. It was a true defect and/or faulty part. Byerly is a family/employee owned operation that does a good job with a good staff.

Bttravel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, warranty