Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #21
BlakeRL

Hi sourdough, in response to the layout info you requested in the email notice I received but can’t find the reply/post in my phones Safari Browseri, I typed a very detailed response on here but when I submitted it, it required me to log in again and the text was gone. It took 30 minutes to type in on my phone so I will provide that info again later on when I get some time to get on a computer to type it in a text editor and paste it into a reply so I don’t lose it again. ��

A quick response would be: Bedroom in front, split bathroom behind it, kitchen and entrance behind that and toy hauler section to rear of that!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
BlakeRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #22
BlakeRL

Hi JRTJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
In addition to the VIN stampings located on the pinbox, A-frame, there is (somewhere) a build sheet that lists all the information. It was "mandated" to be installed in the master bedroom of the trailer. Typically, it was installed on the inside wall of the master bedroom closet, on the same side as the hinges on the door. Around 2004 or 2005, RV manufacturers also started putting a yellow sticker on the inside lower kickplate of the screen door.

You might find the remnants of the build sheet in the closet in the upper deck bedroom and you might find the VIN on a sticker on the screen door.

As for the trailer designation, here's another "WAG"... FWRR = Fifth Wheel Rear Ramp
No luck in the closets unfortunately or the screen door kickplate. No evidence of one having there either. Thank you for the suggestions though,

I suspect you probably nailed the FWRR. That makes perfect sense to me! 😁

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 08:57 AM   #23
BlakeRL

Hi ctbruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
And you didn't have the other two stickers pictured in my earlier post on the drivers side front?
No sir, Unfortunately not.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:02 AM   #24
BlakeRL

Hi sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeRL View Post
Hi sourdough, in response to the layout info you requested in the email notice I received but can’t find the reply/post in my phones Safari Browseri, I typed a very detailed response on here but when I submitted it, it required me to log in again and the text was gone. It took 30 minutes to type in on my phone so I will provide that info again later on when I get some time to get on a computer to type it in a text editor and paste it into a reply so I don’t lose it again. ��

A quick response would be: Bedroom in front, split bathroom behind it, kitchen and entrance behind that and toy hauler section to rear of that!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Here is the email notice I can’t find the text of in the thread for some reason:

BTW, JRTJH SUGGESTED Fifth Wheel Rear Ramp for the FWRR, which does make perfect sense. I think he likely nailed it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97016E84-A160-46D7-A5E3-8002F899E2D8.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	19574  
Old 12-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #25
SummitPond

Quote:
... there is (somewhere) a build sheet that lists all the information. It was "mandated" to be installed in the master bedroom of the trailer. ...
John

Does this apply for TTs also, or only FWs? I've never seen a build sheet for our trailer.

Ken

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #26
BlakeRL

Images of very similar 2001 models

Here are two images of two 2001’s that look pretty much like mine except mine does not have a ladder on the front!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	49C46E7C-8CCA-40F7-9E0D-EC4236C793B2.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	19575   Click image for larger version

Name:	53D8871D-FAEA-4C25-8556-BC4F54FCC499.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	19576  
Old 12-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Ken,

The build sheet is a requirement. It lists all the information on what is installed in the trailer during manufacture. It is (with Keystone) a 4 part carbonless form. Around 2000, the procedure was to glue it to the wall in the master closet (as was being done with manufactured homes and mobile homes). Around 2010 or so, Keystone stopped gluing it to the wall and started putting it in the owner's packet with all the manuals for the equipment and the Keystone Owner's Manual. Most dealerships pull it, make a copy and put the yellow sheet back in the owner's packet.

Here's a picture of the build sheet for our 2011 Springdale. It was in the Owner's Packet, not on the closet wall.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPRINGDALE BUILD SHEET.pdf (112.6 KB, 233 views)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #28
BlakeRL

Hi all

Just verified my interior length to be a tad over 32’ from rear ramp to forward most point on front interior in the bedroom (Fifth wheel) area,

So in the case of whatever year this fifth wheel camper was produced the Keystone Rep informed me correctly that the 330 indicates it is 33.0 feet long.

No slide outs so using a rough interior measurement of 7.5 x 32 feet equals 240 square feet!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #29
BlakeRL

Mine has two logos on front as well, one says Sprinter and Keystone and the one below it says Tailgator. I have yet to find any results for all of the keywords (Keystone, Sprinter and Tailgator) in a single 3 keyword google search that shows a result with a Fifth Wheel Camper like mine.

Unfortunately due to needed roof repairs I currently have a very large 12’ x 40’ tarp over it tied down securely so can’t upload a photo of the logos unless I can find one I have previously taken on my previous android phone!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #30
Ken / Claudia

I could not see or read what the MO sticker really is. Does it have any numbers stamped on it? The reason vehicles with missing/removed/home made/ reconstructed VINs have state numbers made by the state and a state sticker containing the VIN. That will not be anything like the standard Federal 17 character VIN.
Here is the east part, your state likely has VIN inspections. I cannot believe any do not. They could be state DMV, state patrol, state police or local police who do that. Here it is state police, I was speciality trained as 1 by the way, and DMV personnel.
Call them, they may come out to you or you need to take the vehicle to them. All vehicles built after 1981 or so should have a hidden VIN, many before then had them also. I will not tell you where that is nor will Keystone. The problem is it can be a sticker but should be stamped or welded on the vehicle.
If it has a state issued VIN that could mean the real VIN was removed. It could also mean it was stolen and recovered which means it may have used as a meth lab or any other number of bad things.
I will tell you this, Dexter axles have serial numbers which go to a VIN. They should be on a label and stamped into the axles. They may help you over the phone.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #31
BlakeRL

Hi Ken / Claudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
I could not see or read what the MO sticker really is. Does it have any numbers stamped on it? The reason vehicles with missing/removed/home made/ reconstructed VINs have state numbers made by the state and a state sticker containing the VIN. That will not be anything like the standard Federal 17 character VIN.
Here is the east part, your state likely has VIN inspections. I cannot believe any do not. They could be state DMV, state patrol, state police or local police who do that. Here it is state police, I was speciality trained as 1 by the way, and DMV personnel.
Call them, they may come out to you or you need to take the vehicle to them. All vehicles built after 1981 or so should have a hidden VIN, many before then had them also. I will not tell you where that is nor will Keystone. The problem is it can be a sticker but should be stamped or welded on the vehicle.
If it has a state issued VIN that could mean the real VIN was removed. It could also mean it was stolen and recovered which means it may have used as a meth lab or any other number of bad things.
I will tell you this, Dexter axles have serial numbers which go to a VIN. They should be on a label and stamped into the axles. They may help you over the phone.
Thank you so much.

I pretty much suspected there would be a hidden VIN or serial somewhere but for the purpose of checking to see if stolen. Did not think about other reasons though. 😳

I will get in touch with those entities and see if they can help if I can not locate it myself.

I was not all that worried about finding it previous to now, but before I sink money into renovating it to make all the repairs it needs I figure I better not sink the money into it until I find out it is worth it.

I was living in a tiny 17’ Tennessee camper (about 13.5’ without tongue) in really bad shape when the gentleman offered to let me buy this one which is much larger. He let me buy it for 100.00 per month for 12 months ($1200.00).

He knew I was a disabled vet on a fixed income and can not work a regular job due to health issues and PTSD and really helped me out. I need to repair quite a bit of roof damage and water damage to the joists and walls, but have been living in it with good tarps over the roof and homemade deck. Got it paid for in November of 2017 and have been figuring out ways to increase my monthly budget scrapping and hauling off pallets and trash for local businesses as my health allows. Been laid up for about 2 months with another bad clot and injured leg that does not want to heal due to limited circulation and mulling over my options of moving due to the ever increasing lot rent increases here and have decided to move to another rural area and hope to start repairing the roof and joists in the spring if they don’t end up amputating my leg. That said though, before I move or sink the projected amount of repairs into this thing, I want to make sure I can legally title and register it. 👍🏻

Thanks again

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 12:25 PM   #32
MarkEHansen

Quote:
Ken,

The build sheet is a requirement. It lists all the information on what is installed in the trailer during manufacture. It is (with Keystone) a 4 part carbonless form. Around 2000, the procedure was to glue it to the wall in the master closet (as was being done with manufactured homes and mobile homes). Around 2010 or so, Keystone stopped gluing it to the wall and started putting it in the owner's packet with all the manuals for the equipment and the Keystone Owner's Manual. Most dealerships pull it, make a copy and put the yellow sheet back in the owner's packet.

Here's a picture of the build sheet for our 2011 Springdale. It was in the Owner's Packet, not on the closet wall.

Our 2019 Cougar Half Ton 26RBSWE had nothing like this. I've looked in the owner's packet and in the cupboard/drawers in the trailer. Nothing. Perhaps they stopped including this after 2011 or perhaps the dealer forgot to put it back in the packet.

When you say it's required, required by whom - Feds or Keystone?
Old 12-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #33
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
Our 2019 Cougar Half Ton 26RBSWE had nothing like this. I've looked in the owner's packet and in the cupboard/drawers in the trailer. Nothing. Perhaps they stopped including this after 2011 or perhaps the dealer forgot to put it back in the packet.

When you say it's required, required by whom - Feds or Keystone?
They didn't stop after 2011. My 2014 Cougar has the same sheet and my BIL's 2018 Laredo also has the same sheet. I posted the one for our Springdale since I no longer own it and the VIN doesn't trace back to me any longer. I have the one for our Cougar, but I won't post it for privacy/security reasons. Call your dealer. EVERY trailer has a build sheet. It's a federal requirement that the information on every manufactured home MUST be compiled. Finance companies won't finance it without the build sheet. My guess is that your dealer didn't make a copy for their records and the finance company, they kept the "yellow copy" and failed to put it (or a copy) back in the owner's packet.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #34
BlakeRL

Hi Ken / Claudia

Here is a lightened copy of the sticker.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F7BC2FE2-995E-4129-A42C-5F388CF74CDB.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	19579  
Old 12-09-2018, 12:45 PM   #35
Ken / Claudia

Thanks, I can see that is not a state issued VIN just a required tag showing the build complied with the state code.
Sooner or later you will likely need a valid title to the vehicle. Unless your using it for travel no need to register or license it. Get a temp to move it or not. Here many do not and take their chance on getting a ticket that costs a little more than a temp license. Does it have a license plate of any kind?
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #36
BlakeRL

Hi Ken / Claudia

Will try to get a better photo tomorrow. Elevating my leg right now. Spent too much time on it today getting measurements and rechecking areas for the VIN/ Serial.

Will have to wait for drier and warmer weather before I will be able to remove the stored lumber and stuff under the camper and check the frame rails and such. It constantly floods under it between 3 to 12 inches when it rains so it probably a mess under there. Will have to remove my skirting as well.

Thanks again
Old 12-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #37
BlakeRL

Unfortunately not. I believe it has been in the campground for several years before I acquired it. The guy I bought it from was letting his brother live in it for a while and he let it go downhill pretty bad. The old one I was living in was a 1967 in terrible shape sour was a move in a major way for me. A buddy recently gave me a 31’ 2006 FEMA trailer with a bill of sale for zero dollars that has a VIN number but is in bad shape that I am paying 40.00 a month for a parking spot in a storage facility that I may opt to renovate if I can not do this one. So I at least have an option in case I can’t renovate this one.

I did not know you could get a temporary license though. Thank you so much for letting me know!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #38
MarkEHansen

Quote:
They didn't stop after 2011. My 2014 Cougar has the same sheet and my BIL's 2018 Laredo also has the same sheet. I posted the one for our Springdale since I no longer own it and the VIN doesn't trace back to me any longer. I have the one for our Cougar, but I won't post it for privacy/security reasons. Call your dealer. EVERY trailer has a build sheet. It's a federal requirement that the information on every manufactured home MUST be compiled. Finance companies won't finance it without the build sheet. My guess is that your dealer didn't make a copy for their records and the finance company, they kept the "yellow copy" and failed to put it (or a copy) back in the owner's packet.

Thanks, John. I'll ask my dealer about it when I go in for my 90-day warranty check-up.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #39
BlakeRL

Does anyone know if the appliance makers such as the furnace maker for example may keep records of what VIN labeled vehicles each appliance is installed in?

It is very possible the the fridge, water heater and such have been replaced and the stove has been removed but the 3 eye propane burner top is still installed and probably has not been replaced? Or the Power Distribution Center?

Just an optional thought that came to mind in case other options of finding the VIN do not pan out.

I will check the frame rails, under the front and rear as well, the axles and contact the recommended entities all of you have suggested to contact though! And thank you all for all of the recommendations and advice.

I probable should remove the fridge and check that cavity also!

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 01:19 PM   #40
JRTJH
Site Team

Ron,

If you're looking to research the VIN based on appliance serial numbers, about the only ones that I know of that anyone keeps records on is the axles. They are required by DOT (for recalls) potentially years and years after the trailer was built. The other stuff likely wouldn't be kept by anyone other than the trailer manufacturer, and then, only for the minimum number of years required by law. So, chances are that after about 10 years or so, my guess is that those kinds of records are no longer available, even from Keystone.

The axles, however, may still be on record.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS