Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
Khubacek

No heat from Hest Pump coming out of ceiling vents in Bedroom

We have a 2018 381TH. No heat from the heat pump is coming out of the vents in the bedroom. Very little is coming out of the kitchen vents and only one vent in the living room has heat coming out of it. Any ideas.
Khubacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
Tbos

Did it work when you ran the AC during the summer? It uses the same vents.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

OK, some clarification please: Are you talking about the roof vents or the floor vents? When using the "heat pump" (if you have one, most Keystone trailers do not) then any "air conditioned" or "heat pump" generated heat would be coming from the roof vents. On the other hand, the furnace is connected to the floor vents and only heat from them comes from the furnace. The two systems, the rooftop system and the furnace system are not connected via ducting. That said, if your thermostat fan switch is on HI or LO, then by design, the rooftop air conditioner fan (not compressor) will run when the furnace runs as a means to "help redistribute air throughout the trailer". You can disable that function by setting the thermostat fan switch to AUTO. That will disable the air conditioner fan.

ADDED: It is my understanding that the heat pump system will "deactivate" itself at about 40F and rely on the furnace for all heating. So even with a heat pump rooftop system, if your trailer is parked in 30F temps, you probably won't be able to turn on the heat pump, although the A/C fan will still operate with the thermostat fan switch in HI or LO.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
Khubacek

The ceiling vents. I was told that our vents could have collapsed..how could we repair this or know if it’s happened. Our heat pump is the front air and there no access to the ventilation from inside our living room area. We have the 381TH.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #5
Khubacek

Just got it at the end of October so haven’t used A/C
Old 12-12-2018, 06:17 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

If there is no circulation of air at any of the roof vents, you may have a problem with "collapsed ducting" but I'd suspect it's probably an issue with where the rooftop unit ties into the ducting. Does the other rooftop unit provide any air delivery from the ceiling vents?

Have you contacted the dealer? I'm sure it is covered under warranty if the trailer is new and only 3 months old. In the meantime, you may need to rely on using the furnace (propane) to keep the trailer warm until you can get it back to the dealer for them to look at it. Remember, when summer comes, you won't have any A/C if you don't have any air flow from that unit, and trailers are extremely uncomfortable above about 80F with no A/C.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #7
Khubacek

That’s what we are doing. I will check the A/C to see if it’s doing the same then I guess that would confirm collapsed ducting. Should be interesting how they fix that....
Old 12-12-2018, 07:33 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

As long as they "fix it".... LOL

I wouldn't wait until spring to get it looked at, that's when everyone is trying to get their trailer ready for summer and the service departments are swamped with "take me now!!!" kind of needs....

Let us know what they find, it'll be good information for "next time". Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-13-2018, 04:27 AM   #9
Dave W

There have been a couple owners on the Montana Owners Club forum that have mentioned heat pump problems. We don't have a heat pump so have no idea of what their 'cure' was.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, heat, vent