Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2019, 04:31 AM   #1
Dan Lockwood

Sourcing Extra Cabinets???

I've tried several RV salvage yards and they either don't have what I want or similar, or they just don't want to waste their time with such a small sale. My Keystone dealer wasn't much help either.

I have a half bath in my Raptor and it has a mirror on the wall, but no medicine cabinet. I would like to add one if possible.

Here's what's in my master bath now and something like this would be great.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Also, does the Keystone factory sell or assist in part numbers and then I can purchase through a dealer using the supplied part number?

I'm sure that somewhere there's something that will work for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:17 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Dimensions would be beneficial. When googling wooden rv medicine cabinets I get lots of hits but without dimensions they don't do much good.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:54 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Your dealer can, if he wants, order any existing cabinet for a current model floorplan from Keystone. Shipping is often "free" if you can wait for the cabinet to be placed in a trailer being shipped to the dealer. If the cabinet is shipped separately, you'll need to include shipping....

That said, if your dealer isn't interested in helping you, I'd try another dealer. Any of them can order parts for any Keystone, they just have to expend the effort to get a stock number for the part. That's done with a phone call to their rep at Keystone who will get the number, price and shipping options and call the dealer with that information. It's usually a "morning call to Keystone" and a "will call you this afternoon with the info" for the dealer to have the information... It's not a "terribly frustrating process" and your dealer is "twisting you around the pole" with his antics...

I've ordered multiple cabinets, cabinet doors, hardware, replacement mirrors, etc from Camping World in Houghton Lake, Michigan, always got a price quote within 24 hours of calling the parts guy with what I need by cabinet location and model/year of the trailer....

If your dealer doesn't get you the cabinet price, I'd go to another dealer and use that as a lesson on where not to spend any more money.....

Also, Trekwood can order the existing cabinets, but shipping is OUTRAGEOUS on larger cabinets, so you may wind up paying much more to get it than the cabinet actually costs. Trekwood.com is their website. Pick your trailer, go to cabinets and find what you need.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #4
travelin texans

Go to your local home improvement store & check, they may one that's a close enough match with probably better quality at a cheaper price.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:15 AM   #5
Dan Lockwood

Danny, I've checked a few, Lowes, Home Depot and Menards without much success.

I did buy a couple oak doors and replaced my lower cabinet block off panels with doors. The one under the living room closet by the front door only had two water lines in it and it's about 18"x20" square, so now with the door on it, it's more usable storage. The same under the pantry. The washer/dryer water lines are in that one and there's not as much free space, but I can store tools in that one or other items not frequently used. I stained them red mahogany to match the accent panels that were originally screwed in to cover the holes. So now I have contrasting lower doors to the upper wood grain throughout the RV. It would have been better if I had a couple used matching doors, but what the hey, it works and looks "okay" enough.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
Dan Lockwood

This is what I have now, a blank wall and the mirror to the right in the diagonal panel.

I think I got lucky in that I have a stud directly down the middle on the wall in front of the sink. So I should be able to anchor into the stud as well as possibly riveting in four of the 10-24 wall anchors to give it a bit more stabilization.

I can fit a 16" wide cabinet on that wall.

Now that I look at it a bit more, I may just go with a solid wood, no mirror, for that blank wall and use the mirror to my right. That may make more sense. I don't need two mirrors side by side.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Old 11-30-2019, 09:50 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lockwood View Post
This is what I have now, a blank wall and the mirror to the right in the diagonal panel.

I think I got lucky in that I have a stud directly down the middle on the wall in front of the sink. So I should be able to anchor into the stud as well as possibly riveting in four of the 10-24 wall anchors to give it a bit more stabilization.

I can fit a 16" wide cabinet on that wall.

Now that I look at it a bit more, I may just go with a solid wood, no mirror, for that blank wall and use the mirror to my right. That may make more sense. I don't need two mirrors side by side.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

As tight as that space "looks" from the picture, I think I'd make a cardboard box the size of the cabinet you want to install and tape it to the wall and take it for a "test drive" first. See if you can still brush your teeth, wash your face, whatever before starting to drill holes in the wall.

JMHO
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:53 AM   #8
Dan Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
As tight as that space "looks" from the picture, I think I'd make a cardboard box the size of the cabinet you want to install and tape it to the wall and take it for a "test drive" first. See if you can still brush your teeth, wash your face, whatever before starting to drill holes in the wall.

JMHO
That's not a bad idea. I'm looking now online for non-recessed wall cabinets. I really don't need anything deeper than a standard recessed medicine cabinet, so maybe sticking out 4.5" or so would be it.

I could also mount it a bit higher as in align it with the top of the mirror.

Thanks for the suggestion!