Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2019, 07:26 AM   #1
rcsd

Best cover for 2017 2670BH

Hello! Just wondering what cover has worked well for the 2017 Passport 2670BH or similar models. I have to store my camper outdoors during cold winters and warm summers that often include hail. Thanks!
rcsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
travelin texans

The best cover is NONE in my opinion!
If you live where there's wind they'll be torn up quickly, gets expensive to reace every other year, chaffs all 4 corners of your RV from constantly flapping, holds moisture in the RV (not good) & will not help in a hail storm. Not to mention a huge PITA to install/remove.
Have it cleaned with a good coat of wax before storage & raise one end higher so rain/snow doesn't pool on the roof.
Just my .02 cents!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
rcsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
The best cover is NONE in my opinion!
If you live where there's wind they'll be torn up quickly, gets expensive to reace every other year, chaffs all 4 corners of your RV from constantly flapping, holds moisture in the RV (not good) & will not help in a hail storm. Not to mention a huge PITA to install/remove.
Have it cleaned with a good coat of wax before storage & raise one end higher so rain/snow doesn't pool on the roof.
Just my .02 cents!
You know, I never thought of it like that! Good points! Thank you!
Old 09-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
Kylemcmahon1

Skip the cover and pay for covered RV storage if you want the most life out of your RV.
Kylemcmahon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylemcmahon1 View Post
Skip the cover and pay for covered RV storage if you want the most life out of your RV.
^^^ what he said. We rented space in an old manufacturing plant about 30 miles from home the first two years, then built a pole barn to store our toys. I tried a canvas cover the first year, between ice freezing the cover on the trailer so we couldn't leave the following spring until the ice melted, damage from the wind and moisture problems (mold and mildew) I promised myself, "NEVER again"......

We paid around $200 the first year for storage (October to April) and I think it was $240 the second year. That was 10 years ago, so I'm sure it's more expensive, but then the $175 cover is not $400, so...... Yeah.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #6
Kylemcmahon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
^^^ what he said. We rented space in an old manufacturing plant about 30 miles from home the first two years, then built a pole barn to store our toys. I tried a canvas cover the first year, between ice freezing the cover on the trailer so we couldn't leave the following spring until the ice melted, damage from the wind and moisture problems (mold and mildew) I promised myself, "NEVER again"......

We paid around $200 the first year for storage (October to April) and I think it was $240 the second year. That was 10 years ago, so I'm sure it's more expensive, but then the $175 cover is not $400, so...... Yeah.....

Yeah that is cheap. Here in the south I have a spot cover on 4 of 5 sides. It is open to the south for backing in. 45 ft long. I pay $140.00 a month for that spot. That is cheap. I have seen some with just a roof and no sides going for $150 a month. But longer spots. But worth every penny. No sun or bad weather or tree limbs destoring my overpriced family fun toy.
Kylemcmahon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #7
rcsd

Thanks everyone. You have convinced me that a cover is not the right way to go. Thanks again!
Old 09-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #8
B-O-B'03

I had one built, with water and 30 amp service.

A couple of months after it was complete we had a hail storm, so I was happy with my choice.

-Brian

Tags
cover