Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2019, 07:08 AM   #1
Ragman

Solera awning wont retract or extend

Just looking for a little guidance

Went camping this past weekend and accidentally rolled up some pine tree branches in our awning. Let go of the button once we noticed and cleared out the branches but now it wont move at all. The fuse was blown so I replaced it but the awning still wont do anything. Had to Google the manual retract using a 7/16 socket ( thank God I had one) and now it's back home. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this problem.

If anyone had any experience with this sort of issue I would really appreciate some help

Thank you so much
Ragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #2
ledunn

My awning was retracted and wouldn't extend. I couldn't see anything wrong so I just pulled on the arm with the motor in it and it started working. Hope that helps.
2014 Ram 3500 6.7 4x4 Mega Cab
2018 Cougar 369BHS
ledunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:02 AM   #3
jsmith948

Check for 12v at the motor - if you have 12 v at the motor with the switch engaged, you may have damaged/fried the motor. If you don't have 12v at the motor with the switch engaged, check for 12v at the switch - then 12v through the switch. Follow the path upstream. Have no way of knowing, but maybe there is more than one fuse in the circuit?
Did the motor stall when retracting or did you release the switch. The fuse blowing would indicate an overload or a short. Did the tree branch get into the awning arm and break the wiring?

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning