Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2023, 07:08 PM   #21
wiredgeorge

Well, I can see why they had rules against getting on the roof. The multiple square patches near the air vent? What the heck could have caused that? Hail? Alien death rays?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 03:30 AM   #22
PamelaS

I wonder if a technician was up on the roof, fell partially through and maybe those are from feet? Do dealerships need to make incident reports?
PamelaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 03:31 AM   #23
PamelaS

We don't really get strong hail like that in New York. Not like in Texas....
Old 08-30-2023, 06:41 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

It looks more like the previous owner (or the dealership) backed under an overhang or into a tree limb and punctured (or cut) the TPO membrane in several areas. Or possibly, a limb fell on the trailer or the trailer was parked under a limb "just over the roof" and a huge wind came along and was blowing that limb, causing it to "bump against the TPO membrane.

Or, maybe even a heavy branch fell on the trailer during a tornado or wind storm, punctured the roof and part of the branch went all the way through the roof and damaged the interior structure...

This is how ours looked back in 2013 when a tree fell on our Springdale. As you can see, the "patches on your roof" look very similar to the "holes on our roof"... No way to be certain, but ......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2714.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	45000   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2708.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	45001   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2704.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	45002   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2713.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	45003  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:13 AM   #25
PamelaS

My husband is thinking a tree as well. Not sure contacting the previous owner will help as she indicated roof was in excellent condition.
Old 08-30-2023, 07:15 AM   #26
PamelaS

If you still have the camper.. how is it holding up?
Old 08-30-2023, 09:35 AM   #27
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaS View Post
My husband is thinking a tree as well. Not sure contacting the previous owner will help as she indicated roof was in excellent condition.

I’m sitting this one out
Old 08-30-2023, 09:40 AM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
If you still have the camper.. how is it holding up?
We don't... We traded it on the 2014 Cougar about a week after we got the repaired Springdale back from the repair facility. The trailer never actually left the dealer's lot since we were waiting for the Cougar to be built. The dealership that repaired it under the insurance claim is the same dealership where we traded it, so there was no "owner disclosure" required since they already knew EXACTLY what damage had been repaired because they are who repaired it....

From what I was told a couple years ago, the family that bought it from the dealer still has it and it's never been back to the dealership for any issues with the roof.

Keep in mind that the TPO manufacturer extends that "infamous 20 year warranty" to the original purchaser only. There is no "manufacturers warranty" for a second owner. You might want to check your extended warranty as well. Many times they exclude the roof membrane from any repairs under the extended clause and the small print is where you'll find the exclusions.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-30-2023, 11:20 AM   #29
PamelaS

Do you know where i live?
Old 08-30-2023, 11:23 AM   #30
PamelaS

You seem like an angry person- sorry for that �� we did not cause the damage... if we had, insurance would come into play jeesh. It certainly would not be an issue at that point.
Old 08-30-2023, 11:25 AM   #31
PamelaS

We are the third owner..
Old 08-30-2023, 12:24 PM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Do you know where i live?
Quote:
You seem like an angry person- sorry for that �� we did not cause the damage... if we had, insurance would come into play jeesh. It certainly would not be an issue at that point.
Quote:
We are the third owner..
I'm guessing that these three posts were directed toward a post that has since been removed ???? It would help much if when you post an "open ended response" that you use the "quote" tab in the post you're responding to or address that person's member name or the post number. That way, the rest of us don't "wonder if she was talking to me" ????? That saves a lot of "grief" when someone gets angry about a post that wasn't even intended for them....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-30-2023, 12:27 PM   #33
wiredgeorge

Quote:
We are the third owner..
Perhaps use the quote function when you respond to a previous comment. Without the quote, the thread is hard to follow.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 02:14 PM   #34
notanlines

Pamela, this one I had to look up, but it seems that King Solomon is credited for the apropos phrase “This too shall pass.”
I’m asking you to do your best to repair the inside to acceptable condition, make sure there are no roof leaks, and get on with your RV’ing activity. Don’t let this bad experience taint good fun/experiences to come. Let the blame go. It will just eat a hole in your stomach.
And welcome to the forum!
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 02:15 PM   #35
PamelaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'm guessing that these three posts were directed toward a post that has since been removed ???? It would help much if when you post an "open ended response" that you use the "quote" tab in the post you're responding to or address that person's member name or the post number. That way, the rest of us don't "wonder if she was talking to me" ????? That saves a lot of "grief" when someone gets angry about a post that wasn't even intended for them....
Ooops sorry this was my first post sorry 😞
Old 08-30-2023, 02:16 PM   #36
PamelaS

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-30-2023, 02:22 PM   #37
PamelaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Pamela, this one I had to look up, but it seems that King Solomon is credited for the apropos phrase “This too shall pass.”
I’m asking you to do your best to repair the inside to acceptable condition, make sure there are no roof leaks, and get on with your RV’ing activity. Don’t let this bad experience taint good fun/experiences to come. Let the blame go. It will just eat a hole in your stomach.
And welcome to the forum!
I will try! We were thinking of selling... unfortunately that's off the table as I can't, in good conscience, pass it to the next person.

Oh well, we will get use one way or another 😊
Old 08-30-2023, 02:24 PM   #38
PamelaS

Thumbs up

Quote:
Old 08-30-2023, 02:53 PM   #39
TXiceman

Pamala, have it thoroughly checked for leaks and repaired if needed. The patch job looks like a patch job and not a professional repair. Keep an eye on the roof in general. Now just put this behind you and go out and enjoy the RV.

Ken
Old 08-30-2023, 03:01 PM   #40
PamelaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Pamala, have it thoroughly checked for leaks and repaired if needed. The patch job looks like a patch job and not a professional repair. Keep an eye on the roof in general. Now just put this behind you and go out and enjoy the RV.

Ken
Going to the shop September 7th. My credit card will most likely have a workout.. zero to ? In one day...

Tags
damage