Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2018, 05:48 AM   #41
mets721

Ducted or Non

I’m looking to get the Dometic Penguin II for my 2016 Cougar 327Res 5th. It says it’s wired for it already and camping world said they can’t tie it into the system. What does that mean? Should it be ducted into the existing system or non-ducted stand alone for the bedroom?
mets721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:06 AM   #42
louielouieohoh

My local Keystone dealer says my 326RDS is stand alone in the bedroom if I want it installed. Controls would be on the unit (no thermostat on the wall) and no vent tie in. I pulled the vent off and verified there is no connection to the duct system. I suggest a quick look might verify for yourself as RVs differ in types of AC systems.

Louie and Evelyn
2016 Ford SuperDuty 6.7L-D
2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS Polar pkg.
louielouieohoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:27 AM   #43
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets721 View Post
I’m looking to get the Dometic Penguin II for my 2016 Cougar 327Res 5th. It says it’s wired for it already and camping world said they can’t tie it into the system. What does that mean? Should it be ducted into the existing system or non-ducted stand alone for the bedroom?
Our bedroom is non ducted as well. I installed the Penguin II on ours (13,500) with the manual controls and love it. We had manual controls on ACs for many years so they just come natural to us and I like the AC for the bedroom because we like to sleep pretty cold.

If it gets really hot and the 15k seems like it might need some help we just turn on the bedroom, open the door, put a fan on the end of the chest of drawers and direct the cold air into the living area; works great. The Penguin II has vents around the shroud to blow air around in all directions or a dump feature where you push the slide back and the cold air just comes out one large opening. We have enjoyed ours.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote