Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
AbHDToyHauler

Thanks to this Forum

Well as we said in the late fall when we bought our ToyHauler that we were Newbies and knew really nothing. But because of this great forum and the people that reside here by the time we actually took our trailer out for it's first two trips we had pretty much covered most things we would need for a basic trip. And we have done two and there have been no hiccups even when we had to setup trailer in rain storm (Auto level is an amazing thing and so was the generator until I could get the power cables installed). We added an onboard surge protector and I am very happy with it. We were able to put up our antenna and get good reception and found the button for turning on the antenna booster. Everything works perfect which is a relief for a person buying a used trailer. I always have felt I can fix most anything so for me buying used was a good deal. I can repair alot of things for the difference in price and here in Canada almost everyone I have talked to has had the same problems with new trailers as I have read on here. It came with an extended warranty for one more year anways. So...Thank you to all of you who respond and help us new people. Believe me , it's been very valuable information and factual rather then relying on the dealers and whichever way they are leaning this week.
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:00 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Glad that you found a great source of information. I couldn't agree with you more. Glad your first two trips were a success.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:57 AM   #3
Northofu1

Thumbs up

I second that emotion AbHD. I haven't had this much help spending my money since my wife left me. Kidding
I have looked over posts present and past and will continue to to get answers to problems and mods.
Thank you all, I only hope I can help someone else out when the time calls.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #4
AbHDToyHauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
I second that emotion AbHD. I haven't had this much help spending my money since my wife left me. Kidding
I have looked over posts present and past and will continue to to get answers to problems and mods.
Thank you all, I only hope I can help someone else out when the time calls.
HAHAHAHA yes, as we say with owning a Harley Davidson, "owning the bike is just the down payment! The accessories and required "stuff" will kill the old bank account".
Old 06-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #5
Cbrez

Most of us join the forum as newbies looking for info. Eventually you get to pay it forward. Passed thru Calgary last year on a 6 mo trip from Virginia to Alaska. Bow Rivers Campground in Cochrane was one of the nicest campgrounds on the trip. Took the metro into Calgary for the day. Great city.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #6
Retired Copper

Thumbs up

Yes a lot of folks here just have know idea how many folks they have help that never commented or was browsing here and found what they where looking for. Several here if I ever meet them I at least owe them a Steak or seafood dinner. Thanks to all of you folks
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #7
HANGAR

Agree with everyone! This forum is awesome. Where else can you get this much RV knowledge in one place? Sometimes you help and sometimes you get helped.
HANGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #8
FlyingAroundRV

I have to furiously agree!
We are now nearly one week in our new, very first travel trailer and the contributions in the fora have saved us making a lot of newbie mistakes.
Yesterday after setting up and levelling the trailer, I was just about to run out the slides when I rememberd advice to check the clearancs first.
OOOPS!!!
If I had run out the slides, the rear one would have hit the pedestal. We had to retract the stabilizers, hitch up and move the trailer forward three feet. A real nuisance, but not nearly as much as having to book in somewhere for slide repairs.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #9
AbHDToyHauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
I have to furiously agree!
We are now nearly one week in our new, very first travel trailer and the contributions in the fora have saved us making a lot of newbie mistakes.
Yesterday after setting up and levelling the trailer, I was just about to run out the slides when I rememberd advice to check the clearancs first.
OOOPS!!!
If I had run out the slides, the rear one would have hit the pedestal. We had to retract the stabilizers, hitch up and move the trailer forward three feet. A real nuisance, but not nearly as much as having to book in somewhere for slide repairs.
LOL . You did better then me. I walked in trailer , looked around all good. Used the remote and was outside when i heard the cracking sound. YUP it came with these little stools that my wife had placed in corner to show me how out of the way it would be. We forgot it there and the color match "was" perfect with counter trim. Yeah, I crushed the stool and cracked trim on counter. GAHHHHHH Oh well. A little swearing. You know if you have ever seen Christmas vacation where his pile of wreckage is growing as the holiday progresses. That will probably be my house. HAHAHAHA. Good catch on the power pedestal. Live and learn
Old 06-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #10
mikz86ta

Congrats and glad your trip was made easier.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #11
Triple GGG

Lot of knowledge here. I enjoy reading about the issues and then the possible solutions. Great knowledge to store away in the brain, or at least be able to search the forum since my memory is not what it used to be. LOL
Old 06-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #12
footz1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHDToyHauler View Post
LOL . You did better then me. I walked in trailer , looked around all good. Used the remote and was outside when i heard the cracking sound. YUP it came with these little stools that my wife had placed in corner to show me how out of the way it would be. We forgot it there and the color match "was" perfect with counter trim. Yeah, I crushed the stool and cracked trim on counter. GAHHHHHH Oh well. A little swearing. You know if you have ever seen Christmas vacation where his pile of wreckage is growing as the holiday progresses. That will probably be my house. HAHAHAHA. Good catch on the power pedestal. Live and learn
Left my new IPad on the couch. Wife run slide out and crushed it. No damage to slide but a IPad did not survive
footz1941 is offline   Reply With Quote