Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #41
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverB View Post
Spoke with a salesman ... he said the 377 does not have hydraulic slides, but for the price I can order it at with the options I want....
Use extreme caution believing this !!! Keystone does not do "special order reconstruction" on any of their products. The slide mechanisms are constructed during the "frame assembly" stage, long before the side walls are ever attached and are not "changeable" after that time without some significant modifications to the RV. Converting a slide mechanism from a standard "ram rod" or "cable actuated" electric system to a hydraulic system will be cost prohibitive.

If the salesman is telling you that it's possible, get it in writing and make sure that you have the option to cancel the sales agreement if it can't be done (for the agreed upon sales price) after you make your down payment!!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #42
DiverB

I'm afraid you misunderstood me. What I was trying to say was as much as I would prefer to have hydraulic slides, the price of the 377 ordered with the options I want would save me enough money that I think I could be happy without the hydraulic slides. I got quoted a really decent price for the Carbon 377 with all the options, which is about $15,000 less than a Raptor / Fuzion.

I just keep hearing and reading the electric slides are not as dependable as the hydraulic ones, but of course they come with a price. All in all the Carbon does look to be a nice rig, and with the 2nd A/C, ramp patio, Onan 5500 and the large couch, that's all I want.
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 - Custom Tuned, 5" TBE, ATS Tranny, ARP Head studs, EGR Cooler delete, S&B intake, GDP intake horn, EDGE CTS w/turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump, pac-brake airbags, Mag Hytec diff covers, B&W 20K hitch, AMSOIL everywhere

https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/199482.png
DiverB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

AHHHHHH Now it comes together.

I (and almost 75% of the people on this forum) have electric slides. There are a "few issues" with them, but by and large, they are reliable and function well for most of us. I wouldn't be "afraid" of electric slides, and if you can save $15K, that's a lot of gas for that generator and the tow vehicle to take you camping for a number of years with the savings !!!!!

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #44
powerstrokedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
that pic from moab is nice! We ride at Hatfield Mccoy in West VA, but I would love to ride moab at least once!
Thank you!! Come on out for rally on the rocks, it is an incredible event!
powerstrokedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #45
powerstrokedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverB View Post
I'm afraid you misunderstood me. What I was trying to say was as much as I would prefer to have hydraulic slides, the price of the 377 ordered with the options I want would save me enough money that I think I could be happy without the hydraulic slides. I got quoted a really decent price for the Carbon 377 with all the options, which is about $15,000 less than a Raptor / Fuzion.

I just keep hearing and reading the electric slides are not as dependable as the hydraulic ones, but of course they come with a price. All in all the Carbon does look to be a nice rig, and with the 2nd A/C, ramp patio, Onan 5500 and the large couch, that's all I want.
The one thing I can say for the electric slides is that the average guy can work on them and repair almost all of the components, I do know that some RV service centers have had difficulty repairing hydraulic systems even with special tools.

The 377 was my first choice and what my Fiance really wanted, but for the toys we haul the garage just wasn't big enough. I love the 377 layout and think it is one killer buy for the money!!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #46
bpyle311

I just bought one and took delivery 7/1/14. First eleven days awesome for the most part, day 12 different story. Roof material completely ripped due to a manufacturer defect in the glue and rubber sealant used. Shower pan cracked in two places- cannot be replaced just patched....see my post in service and warranty issues under "keystone Carbon 327" for more details. Take your money elsewhere, the quality just isn't there.
bpyle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:45 PM   #47
gtsum2

That doesn't sound good. Hope you can get it repaired quickly
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #48
bpyle311

2013 F250 Crew SRW

Hey Im pulling my 14' CARBON 327 with a srw 2013 F250 6.7 Liter. It is an amazing truck worth a good look. Tows amazing although there is a bit of turbo lag at times. with that said the Deisel Exhaust Brake on 8% grades works fantastically! Holds speed set at whatever you desire without having to apply the brakes. Loaded my Carbon weighs about 13,500-14k...
bpyle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #49
powerstrokedub

bpyle311, sorry to hear of your misfortune on the roof and shower. Unfortunately those are two items that are identical on all makes and models of RV, even the high end stuff so I don't feel like that quality issue will be isolated to Carbon models. I have seen a few different threads on this board discussing the roof issue on various models, I have checked the roof on mine multiple times and all seems well but I will be double checking things over this weekend when I get the coach out for a trip.

As far as the 6.7L Power Stroke, they are an awesome truck. My dad has one and has been very pleased with it, I have the last engine the 6.4L and likewise have been pleased with it as well. I wish I could select the gears like you guys can on the six speed trans.