Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
CCC

It is a mystery...

Hi all,
On Saturday afternoon we pulled off the dealer's lot with our 2013 model Passport Elite 28BH. I posted on the Welcome New Members thread with pics of our new rig and shakedown photos of inside. I had a question I didn't get an answer to, so I'm copying it here as well.

The gray water tank is listed at 30 gallon capacity on the brochures (along with the "more elusive than the Yeti" ottoman). But during the PDI, the Service fellow doing our walk through said there were *TWO* grey water tanks: one in the galley, one in the bathroom.

So are they 15 and 15 and have an overflow when one gets full to fill to divert to the second one automatically? This would equal the advertised 30 gallon grey tank. I asked the service guy during the PDI, but he had no idea.

During our shakedown campout Saturday night, I checked the indicator light which said Grey 1 tank = full and Grey 2 tank = 1/4th full. Now, I'm wondering which is which?

My DH is convinced there is an overflow and that the indicator on the control panel that says Grey tank #2 must really be the freshwater tank.

This may be a question for keystone, if no one here knows.Thanks in advance for any pointers.