Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2023, 01:52 PM   #21
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Lemon Laws basically do not apply to RV's. They apply to a lot of other things, but not RV's. There are a few exceptions in some states, but you really need to check with your state to see if you even have a leg to stand on.
I take it you didn't bother read the post I made with a link to the Florida State lemon law? They DO cover RVs. He needs to document and have the dealer attempt to fix issues three times and then has some legal leverage to pursue equity.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 03:14 PM   #22
notanlines

Sorry, but not entirely true, regrettably.
“ In Florida, the vehicle portion of an RV or motorhome is covered by the state lemon laws, but the living area is not. In addition, not every type of RV is covered. Lemon laws are designed to protect consumers who have purchased defective motor vehicles, which may disqualify some types of RV from being covered under state lemon laws. Trailers and campers that are attached to and towed by another vehicle may not count because these may be considered living spaces only.”
OP needs to do a little more investigating.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 07:53 AM   #23
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijockey View Post
Thank you everyone. I am planning on being there when they open at 9:00. I am a very clam person just pissed that I am dealing with these issues. Others I can deal with but to find out it is leaking a lot of water in 3 places and causing water damage is unacceptable. So far everything has been documented in writing and handed to them in person and in email form. Fingers crossed today goes well
Keep documenting everything in writing like others have suggested, even your telephone conversations. You can always call corporate and send them a copy of your issues, but you first have to give the dealer a chance to fix the issues. Unfortunately, Camping World was your first mistake. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 02:40 PM   #24
skijockey

We went down on Saturday and talked to the manager again. He agreed that the unit needs to be replaced with a different one. They did not have that one on their lot so we went to a different location today and they are going to have it delivered to my area and we will go in Monday or Tuesday to work on swapping out the trailer. The other one is a year newer so we still have to work out those details but as of now it is looking promising. We shall see
skijockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 02:52 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijockey View Post
We went down on Saturday and talked to the manager again. He agreed that the unit needs to be replaced with a different one. They did not have that one on their lot so we went to a different location today and they are going to have it delivered to my area and we will go in Monday or Tuesday to work on swapping out the trailer. The other one is a year newer so we still have to work out those details but as of now it is looking promising. We shall see

Excellent news! Let's hope the numbers....and there will be numbers, are fair and to your liking. Hopefully the the trailer will be what you want, things work out and you have a new GM for a friend!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 05:16 PM   #26
notanlines

It was the late, great Yogi Berra who once said “ You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there.”
How apropos…..
Old 09-24-2023, 07:35 PM   #27
Greggde

Welcome to the RV Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet4jdc View Post
Sorry to hear this. Doing a 2-3 hour pre-delivery inspection has become a must when buying a camper. Hopefully your selling dealer will stand behind their sale and get you on the right track. I doubt you will be able to return it. Good luck.
Sorry you suffered this destruction of your dream of good things to come with your new RV unfortunately this is the ongoing state of this industry with Keystone the front runner . We have endured the same scenario on our customer ordered Keystone Fusion Toy hauler. We ordered ours in 2019 and waited for several months only to discover that there were many many construction issues and a warranty that was designed to deceive. This was not our first RV we have owned 17 different types over the last 30 plus years without half the needed repairs and upgrades we have had to live with!
Sorry again to hear of grief

Joann and Gregg deLong
Greggde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 07:12 AM   #28
skijockey

UPDATE!!!! I wanted to thank everyone for all the help and advise I received. This group is great. On Sunday we picked up our brand new 2023 Sprinter. Camping World agreed to give us the full amount we paid including taxes and fess back and use it towards the purchase of any other unit in their inventory at a location that was within reasonable distance to transfer it to my home town. If though we had so many issues with our unit, we love the floor plan and opted to get the 2023 vs the 2022 unit. Spent 4 hours doing a thorough walk through and testing everything out. Besides a window getting cracked during transport and some misc cosmetic items, the unit is perfect and free from leaks. It rained for the last 2 days and no water inside. Taking it on our first trip tomorrow. Window was replaced before we took it home and we are "Happy Campers"
skijockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:07 AM   #29
notanlines

I am truly surprised that Keystone/Camping World came through on this. Good on ya!
Old 10-12-2023, 10:35 AM   #30
LHaven

Ditto. It's as if you had divine intervention. Put it on your Thanksgiving list!

Tags
sprinter