Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2018, 06:46 AM   #1
Jasong

Sprinter 29bh how to get TVs to work together

I just received the tailgate king from dish. I can get it to work on the tv in living room but not on the other TVs? Has me baffled, figured I'd ask before I start drilling holes to run hdmi cables
Jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:55 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

First question, are you using 2 separate receivers? The sat coax from the outside connection should be a separate run to the family room and bedroom. If your using one receiver then the output from the receiver has to be "direct" to the tv's, meaning no splitters.

Can you elaborate on your issue and lets see if we cant get it fixed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:09 AM   #3
Jasong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
First question, are you using 2 separate receivers? The sat coax from the outside connection should be a separate run to the family room and bedroom. If your using one receiver then the output from the receiver has to be "direct" to the tv's, meaning no splitters.

Can you elaborate on your issue and lets see if we cant get it fixed.

Thank u. I only have 1 reciever I was under the impression that whatever I plug into outside on the back of camper would go to all TVs. After moving the Wally around I finally got it to work on the living room tv. But I can not get the picture to other TVs. Does this mean I need a Wally for every tv?
Old 09-09-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Park cable is sent to all the TVs through the booster. The booster is turned off and TV2 out is used, there may be splitters depending on number of “#2” TVs.

Since Satellite signal won’t work through the regular coax splitters used for OTA/CABLE, there is usually a separate coax run to each TV location. With that in mind, yes you would need a sat signal at each “IN” and a receiver at each TV, if that makes sense. I hope I explained it correctly, and in simple enough terms.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #5
Jasong

Makes alot of sence that was my conclusion as well. I bought a hdmi splitter so I will run those to each tv from the main box. Thank u for your time and input
Old 09-09-2018, 09:44 AM   #6
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong View Post
Makes alot of sence that was my conclusion as well. I bought a hdmi splitter so I will run those to each tv from the main box. Thank u for your time and input
If I'm not mistaken, if you run HDMI from 1 box to all the tv's then you'll only be able to watch the same channel on all the tv's.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:51 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If I'm not mistaken, if you run HDMI from 1 box to all the tv's then you'll only be able to watch the same channel on all the tv's.

I have an HDMI splitter in my house from my office where there is a sat receiver (Joey) to a TV in an adjacent bedroom. The Joey, turned to the channel of choice, will allow TV watching in the other room but on the channel the Joey is turned to. You are correct.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sprinter