Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2018, 04:23 AM   #51
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Anybody know why Canadian vehicles aren't reading out kilometers per liter? Generally fuel is sold by liters and distance is in kilometers.
Agree Jim. Never understood that "so many ltrs per 100 kms" thing. I have always switched to MPGs. Old school. Don't get me started on the metric system. Legacy from our esteemed Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau back in the 70s. Oh did I mention everything in Canada has to be in French/English since that era also.

66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:33 AM   #52
flybouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Agree Jim. Never understood that "so many ltrs per 100 kms" thing. I have always switched to MPGs. Old school. Don't get me started on the metric system. Legacy from our esteemed Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau back in the 70s. Oh did I mention everything in Canada has to be in French/English since that era also.
I wish it was only 2 languages. Every time I get a letter from my health insurance company, which is at least once a week, there are a min of 3 pages. Page 1 is the info they want to convey and the following 2 pages are the list of languages that the first page is available in. Talk about killing trees and polluting!

Old 09-02-2018, 06:51 AM   #53
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I wish it was only 2 languages. Every time I get a letter from my health insurance company, which is at least once a week, there are a min of 3 pages. Page 1 is the info they want to convey and the following 2 pages are the list of languages that the first page is available in. Talk about killing trees and polluting!
To add "insult to injury" every (and I do mean every) stack of heavy items in all big box stores seem to always be stacked so the "alternative language" is visible (thanks Murphy). The only way to find out what's in the boxes is to "unstack and turn one of the boxes" so that English is visible.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #54
flybouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
To add "insult to injury" every (and I do mean every) stack of heavy items in all big box stores seem to always be stacked so the "alternative language" is visible (thanks Murphy). The only way to find out what's in the boxes is to "unstack and turn one of the boxes" so that English is visible.....
I experienced this as well.I just assume the person doing the stacking can't read so it makes no difference to them.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #55
shermris

I have a Dodge Ram with a 5.7 and I typically get 9 mpg towing my trailer, 10 to 11 at 55 with a tail wind. None of the listed "possible reasons" would increase your gas mileage, unless your trip is all downhill.
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #56
Paultherock

Your dash readout for fuel consumption is gallons per mile, not miles per gallon. You don't get better gas mileage by pulling a trailer unless you're uncle Jed

Paultherock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas