Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2017, 03:33 PM   #1
head1855

Thoughts on Ocean Canyon/Coast to Coast Membership???

My wife and I attended a sales pitch for an Ocean Canyons properties membership at one of their resorts close to our home. We did not purchase today because we wanted to do our research. The "deal" included a lifetime Coast to Coast membership which intrigued me ($10 per night at most Good Sam Parks). It also included day use of the park 365 days a year and since it is close to our home this seemed like a good deal since they had an indoor and outdoor pool among other amenities.

I am mainly looking for anyone else who has done something like this and what their experience was..... good or bad (with details would be greatly appreciated). Thanks in advance!!
head1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

When I did a google search, not very much positive stuff came up. Lots of negative stuff did, and I will admit that some of it is older.

Make sure you read the fine print before you commit.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
head1855

Yeah, I did the same search and noticed that most of them were a few years back. Was trying to get some more current info. Thanks for the reply.
head1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:36 AM   #4
Rex1vt

The lifetime part of it means you are obligated for life to pay the home base their annual fee and the Coast to Coast annual fee.There are progressive levels of membership which outline various benefits to each level.You can purchase the option to get out of the lifetime obligation within the level of membership as well as the ability to transfer your home base to another location which may have a lower annual fee,this will of course alter the available time at the original base.You can look into resale of memberships for reduced initial cost,keeping in mind to do your homework as to the obligations you are assuming as well as benefits.If you do an RVPARK REVIEW search of some of the Coast to Coast locations offered you will find both good and bad but certainly not all good.The comments contained are from issues that have occured during the many years of membership we have had and may not be current.Bottom line do your homework,all that glitters is not gold.
Rex1vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
ken56

It all depends on your style of camping. When we bought our first trailer in 2012 we got all the "free camping" invitations from every CG around....and you must attend their sales pitch. There was a CG 7 miles from our home, Outdoor Adventures that is the same membership style as Ocean Canyon properties that we did join and it worked out quite nicely for us as we used the facilities often. Then we moved......transferring your membership means buying in at the new campground.....there is no future value that just transfers to another membership campground....we tried it.

You will be billed your yearly maintenance fee plus your C2C membership fee, costs me about 600 a year for our deluxe level. We travel enough that I look for participating CG's and we are going to one the end of this month. For us there is some value to membership...others find it a total waste. That 10 buck a night rate can have other fees added on top of it too at some CG's. One we stayed at with friends that used Passport America we had a 2 dollar difference in our total rate, $40 for them and $38 for us using the C2C rate. Some places we have been have been fantastic at the $10 rate too.

Its all in how you are going to use the program to get the value out of it. The C2C travel services (condo rentals, cruises) is not worth using IMO. I can get better rates on cruises doing it myself. Condos I am not sure about as I have never done that.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote