Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
14george

Cougar 32RLI

Looking at a Cougar 32 RLI how do you like it are you having any problems with it
Old 04-19-2018, 01:01 AM   #2
DocP

Just got mine a bit over a month ago. While the weather up here in Ohio has not let me take it out camping, I have spent quite a bit of time in it and going over it to make sure that everything works correctly. So far, so good. I really like the layout - it was designed to be a "couples trailer", so it will work out well for just me and my wife. The dual slides in the living area make it very spacious. If I had kids going with me, I'd probably opt for a bunkhouse model. For me, however, it's perfect.

My only experience with towing it was on the drive home from the dealer. It towed great with my Equal-i-zer 1400 hitch, but please note the heavy tongue weight on this camper (1165 pounds before the battery, propane tanks and unloaded) - make sure that your truck is up to the task! It's a long unit - almost 37 feet bumper to hitch, but I'm used to driving a 36 foot class A motorhome with a tow vehicle behind it. Good luck with your decision.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #3
maccam1

Got mine oct,20,2017,love it,searched for about 9 months,and decided this was the one,that met all my needs,upgraded from a 2011 coachman Catalina 29rks,which I really liked,but the 32rli is great. The only problem I had this past weekend was went to drain the black tank,went to pull the lever and it came right off the trailer,was very easy to fix,as the pull lever screws into another bar right inside the under belly,needed a flashlight to see it,just need to make sure I tighten it before I pull it down,the auto level is awesome,that was the first requirement for me,very spacious inside,tons of storage.
maccam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
14george

Picking camper up Saturday can’t wait
Old 04-26-2018, 04:40 AM   #5
maccam1

Hope you like it as much as I like mine,this is my 4th trailer,and I love it.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
maccam1

Hi george,how's it going with your 32rli,picked mine up on a thursday,couldn't take it out that weekend,so I stayed in it in my yard over that weekend and got it arranged
Old 04-29-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
DocP

I have had the opportunity to go over every inch of my 32RLI (including roof and underbelly). I've got to say that I have owned many travel trailers, a Class C, and a Class A motorhome over 40+ years of camping, and the fit and finish quality of my 32RLI is, by far, the best I've seen yet! I'm a very picky guy, so kudos to Keystone on the way you built mine!

Too often, all that we hear about is the problems with quality control, and I just wanted everyone to know that I'm quite pleased with my Keystone.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #8
14george

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccam1 View Post
Hi george,how's it going with your 32rli,picked mine up on a thursday,couldn't take it out that weekend,so I stayed in it in my yard over that weekend and got it arranged
Started cleaning up inside had fire place on have to call dealer heavy smoke came out of it. Love the trailer not going out to Memorial Day weekend
Old 04-29-2018, 04:38 PM   #9
14george

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccam1 View Post
Hope you like it as much as I like mine,this is my 4th trailer,and I love it.
This is our 7th love this one especially the auto leveling
Old 04-29-2018, 04:53 PM   #10
maccam1

Same thing happened to be,that's to be expected when first turned on.
One thing I learned with my fireplace,I have to turn power on first,then fan then set temp,or it shuts off after about 30 seconds.
The auto leveling is the best,first reason for choosing the cougar,only keystone and Rockwood offered it when I started looking.the 32rli`s floor plan was the best.

Tags
cougar