Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2018, 06:35 AM   #1
Daisylady

Renovations

I'm starting to personalize our travel trailer a little bit as we've had our 2017 Springdale for about a year. When I look for inspiration, I get really overwhelmed with people that have gutted and painted every single thing and it looks like something from Better Homes and Gardens. While they are really lovely, I am looking to make changes that are on a smaller scale- I have not the energy to rip out the carpet and paint it all. I am, however, considering painting the cabinets. I've removed the dinette and plan to place a kitchen island there with stools behind it. (Our trailer is in a permanent set up on a lot we own at a riverfront). Would anyone care to share pictures of what they have done to make their RVs their own?
Daisylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:21 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

GOOGLE is your friend !!! Try a Google search for terms like:

travel trailer makeover ideas

Camper remodel ideas

RV makeovers

Lots of ideas. Seems that Pinterest is a "leader" in "hobby makeovers".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #3
KeithInUpstateNY

I don't have many pics, but fabrics are one of the best easiest and least expensive ways to personalize a space: throw pillows, table runners, place mats, area rugs.

But three of my favorite things I've done are more functional/practical: a magnetic knife rack, an adjustable shower head, and closet organizers.

In got the magnetic knife rack at Walmart and you will want to get some 1/8" Pop-Toggles to mount it.

The adjustable shower arm is composed of a piece of threaded pipe to connect the hose to the arm, a Delta Faucet UA902-PK 10-inch Adjustable Shower Arm, a Chrome KES K1140B3 Shower Head Shut-Off Valve Brass with Metal Handle, Polished Chrome, and a High Sierra 1.5 GPM High Efficiency Low Flow Shower Head.

The hanging fabric shelves came from TJ Maxx, but variations are available from a number of places: Walmart, Target, and Bed, Bath and Beyond to make a few. The plastic bins are from Walmart and are great for socks, underwear, rolled up tee shirts, and even folded jeans.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180627_132825801.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	17194Attachment 17195Click image for larger version

Name:	6117620446807675190.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	17196Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180627_131029984.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	17197Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180627_133313984.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	17198

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
Daisylady

Awesome, thank you! I love the pillows! That's on my list of things to make, that and new curtains. I took down all the valances last week and look forward to enhancing the windows with something new.
Daisylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
KeithInUpstateNY

You're welcome, and thank you.

I also put up spring tension rods inside the fabric covered wooden valances and simple double rods in the bedroom so I could put black out curtains over the blinds. I am NOT a morning person, lol. And up here near the Canadian border the sun rises mighty early this time of year.

And a small bulletin board allows me to display a few keepsakes that I can change out from time to time. I put it up with Command "Velcro" strips so there are no holes in the wall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1530122556089.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	17200

2015 Bullet 220RBI
Old 10-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #6
KeithInUpstateNY

Finally got around to taking a picture of my blackout curtains I mentioned in my previous post. I think they look pretty good for under $10 and five minutes of installation time. I forgot to mention that the curtain panel is a bath towel from a big box store just hung over the tension rod and tucked behind and over the bottom bar of the mini blinds.

An added bonus this time of year is the extra insulation.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181015_114149806.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	18982

2015 Bullet 220RBI
Old 10-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #7
Zoe

Hanging fabric shelves! Great idea! I was just today trying to decide how to best utilize the cavernous “wardrobe” in the bathroom of our 19RB. THANKS!!!
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #8
KeithInUpstateNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Hanging fabric shelves! Great idea! I was just today trying to decide how to best utilize the cavernous “wardrobe” in the bathroom of our 19RB. THANKS!!!
Zoe, I'm glad you liked the hanging fabric shelves. They really do make it easier to access things and keep good air circulation. Learning to do a "military roll" let's me pack up to 14 men's tee shirts in one of those little slide in bins or I can fit three pairs of jeans in one. Socks and underwear have their own bins as well. Only behemoth fifth wheel seem to have any kind of drawer space these days.

I have a "cavernous wardrobe" in my bathroom as well. It has a fold down shelf that really doesn't help much with making the space functional. I folded it up out of the way and locked it in place. I got some over the cabinet door wire baskets and hung them over the top edge., That's where I store extras paper towels, tissues, etc. In front of that I have four laundry bags that hang from the clothes rod: one for recyclables, one for bottle returns (NY), and two actually for dirty clothes, lol. On the inside of one door is a plastic bag dispenser put up with Command strips and the other has another wire basket for an extra set of towels. It still leaves room for extra shoes on the bottom of the closet and plenty of room for air to circulate, especially along the two outside walls where condensation could be a problem.

2015 Bullet 220RBI