Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
LDFPA

Camping World and Keystone

I bought my 3791RD Legacy in January from Camping World in Harrisburg PA. Don't get me wrong the sales guy was great and is still trying to help. Harrisburg is 3.5 hrs. away. Camping World opened a new one in Apollo PA only 30 minutes away. I had a problem with a slide sticking and went to the one in Apollo since Camping World said I can go to any Camping World to get items under warranty fixed. The Apollo manager and service people said unless I bought it at that store they couldn't help me. I reminded them of the Camping world policy and the answer was still nope can help. Than one of them said they don't sell Montana's. I asked them to look out the window and guess what there was Montana. That started a lot of stammering and double talk.
The moral of the story, Camping World Sucks. Sorry I bought from them.
Tried to contact Keystone and still no reply from there either.
Originally Keystone said if a dealer sells their units they have to service them even if you didn't buy them there. Wish they would enforce the rule.
LDFPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
ADQ K9

I have not had this problem yet. Bought mine @ CW RV in Burlington WA. I am having recall work done at local dealer here in Anchorage AK. Be patient and poke a little harder, keep climbing up the ladder till you get the results you want.
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
notanlines

"Originally Keystone said if a dealer sells their units they have to service them"
I believe you are simply mistaken. You are learning a lesson that comes hard to most. The majority of customers have good luck with CW. They didn't get to be the biggest by bad service, cheating customers and very high prices. There will always be the exception.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #4
LDFPA

Camping World

I am hoping the sales guy can get it fixed, he seemed angry about it. Also I am still hoping Keystone will get back to me.
Lynn
Old 03-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
LDFPA

That statement came from one of the customer service girls at Keystone.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Well, you've ran into a problem many encounter. I'll try to offer a little insight I hope:

In my situation I bought from a CW dealer that had just become part of CW; literally that week. That meant I was dealing with a GM that used to be the sole owner and did things his way period. The sales manager and sales force all were used to "their" way. I encountered issues from the sales portion, service portion and with the finance guy playing his games. I also tried to work with Keystone customer service but the 1st person didn't even know this dealership existed. Then I had a gut full.

I contacted Marcus Lemonis directly and he responded back in minutes....at 9 pm. The next morning the CW National VP of sales took over my sale and other issues. My issues were resolved. The GM (former owner), service manager and sales manager were all gone within 30 days or so. A new team came in (which has changed twice in 4 years) and I've had superlative results since. I've also had work done in other parts of the country at other CW locations without problems since I was a CW customer.

It sounds like you may have a similar problem since this is a newly opened location. I'm not advocating contacting Mr. Lemonis at this point. I think you should work with the new dealership, escalate and if necessary ask them if they would contact Mr. Lemonis to make sure he agreed with their handling of the situation instead of you having to do it yourself. To me, that's one of the things I like about CW; the dealership is not the end of the line; they report right on up the chain.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #7
moodman

Just wondering...How in the world could you contact Lemonis personally? He's the top dog, and I wouldn't think an "average" customer (if that's who you are) could contact him!
Old 03-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodman View Post
Just wondering...How in the world could you contact Lemonis personally? He's the top dog, and I wouldn't think an "average" customer (if that's who you are) could contact him!

Mr. Lemonis is reachable if the situation warrants it. It's sort of the way I operate.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Keystone said if a dealer sells their units they have to service them even if you didn't buy them there. Wish they would enforce the rule
Quote:
That statement came from one of the customer service girls at Keystone.
Did you get any WRITTEN confirmation? That policy simply doesn't exsist in the RV industry. Believe me, if we had the space we would be working on customer units that DIDN'T buy from us. Even OUR customers are experiencing long wait times.....YMMV

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #10
SummitPond

LDFPA

Welcome to the forum.

As for our experience, it seems to be similar to Sourdough's.

We had issues that the local CW would not address (a factory installed light over the sink that was inoperable, at least without breaking fingernails). Ran it up the flagpole locally to no avail, so attempted to contact Marcus Lemonis via snail mail (was unable to find an email). Never heard back, but the next time we were at CW for a different reason there was a new GM; he was more open to fixing our problem, and it got taken care of (a new dual LED with rocker switch - no more broken nails).

We were up in Maine when our refrigerator stopped working - for over a week - while still under warranty. The closest CW was in New Hampshire and they looked at it but could not find an issue - it suddenly started working for them (and, knock on wood, two plus years on has continued to do so); as there was "nothing for them to do" we got charged 1/2 hour labor, but they told us up front that might happen.

When we had issues with our converter (again in Maine) we opted for a closer privately-owned dealership (Seacoast RV in Saco, ME) that would work under our extended warranty. It cost us a little more for the deductible, but we more than made up for that difference in the amount of gas we saved.

So, do as Sourdough suggests, and run it up the food chain, and escalate from there if necessary. The squeaky wheel eventually gets the grease. Good luck.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #11
CaptnJohn

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodman View Post
If you buy from CW his email address is in your paperwork. Today I saw it at CW when I dropped my Montana off, it was on a sign in the service dept. He does get involved at times. Sadly, I think his other interests has him less involved than just a couple years ago.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #12
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
"Originally Keystone said if a dealer sells their units they have to service them"
I believe you are simply mistaken. You are learning a lesson that comes hard to most. The majority of customers have good luck with CW. They didn't get to be the biggest by bad service, cheating customers and very high prices. There will always be the exception.
Your loyalty check is in the mail!
Fortunately I didn't buy mine at CW mainly because EVERY forum on EVERY make/model/price range rv ALL agreed on 1 thing, CW is a great place to buy due to price, but the service SUCKS after the sale.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Your loyalty check is in the mail!
Fortunately I didn't buy mine at CW mainly because EVERY forum on EVERY make/model/price range rv ALL agreed on 1 thing, CW is a great place to buy due to price, but the service SUCKS after the sale.

If you're cutting those loyalty checks please send mine as well! There are many happy CW customers and I have to say I'm one of them. Except for an initial rough patch with my selling dealer several years ago as I trained them on my expectations, I've had great success with them. Get me in and out on time (you have to be reasonable). When I had a blowout and tore up the underside of my trailer the manager told me to bring it in "right now" and he would have a crew look at it as I was enroute back to our home base. I had to wait until the next day so we could go to our home and unload some stuff. They repaired the wheel well, put on 5 new tires, replaced the gas regulator and sent me on my way without paying them a cent (in 3 days - said we would settle up when I got back and they completed additional work - in 4 months). Valdosta GA. CW - had a control board on the water heater fry. The were the closest to me that had one (2 1/2 hours). Parts guy had it and stayed late to get it to me so I could get back and fix the heater. Tallahassee FL CW - maiden voyage sliding door came off. Tore up the track, wood work, rollers etc. CW in Tallahasse got all the warranty work and parts approved and sent me the parts free so I could do the repair work. All with some pictures and explanations from me. I could go on but I've had great experiences with them.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #14
LDFPA

Big thanks for the tip. Glad its not just me. I'll post if I get anywhere.
Again Thanks to all.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:46 PM   #15
maccam1

Bought my 2018 cougar ht32rli from coopers at the Harrisburg rv show,did not want to buy from camping world at the show,1 week after my unit came in found out camping world bought coopers.
Hopefully I'll have no issues with service
maccam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #16
maccam1

Purchased my 2018 cougar ht 32rli,from coopers rv,at the Harrisburg show,camping world had the unit
there,but didn't want to buy from cw,picked up my unit end of October, guess what found out they were
Selling to cw...hopefully I will not have any warranty issues with them.
Also,there is a great place in Jeanette I deal with,with my rvs,great guys to have work cone with
Old 04-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #17
maccam1

Sorry to all for the double reply,new member here,and still learning

Tags
keystone