Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #1
bobbecky

Forum not playing nice with Firefox

In the last couple of days, when I am using Firefox, and on different devices, I am able to open up the forum, but am not able to log on or post to the forum. Did something change within the forum? This is frustrating and I do not like using IE as a browser.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:04 AM   #2
xrated

One word............Chrome!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:10 AM   #3
hankaye

bobbecky, Howdy;

I also use Firefox, haven't missed a beat yet ... (touch wood).
I'm sure someone else will more than likely recommend you check your
settings, both on the forum and with Firefox.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #4
TravlinOn

bobbecky - I'm currently logged in and of course posting while on Firefox - no problems here. Love Firefox.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:26 AM   #5
xrated

Now that I have a bit more time, I'll expound a little from my previous comment of..."Chrome". I used Firefox for 4 or 5 years, suffering through constant updates (which usually resulted in buggy/not so good operation) of the browser. One of the updates practically made my browser useless and it froze up constantly. I ended up having to uninstalled the browser completely and then reinstall a previous version that didn't include all of their "updates".

Finally, I'd had enough and downloaded the Chrome Browser and it has been flawless for me. I also use the Chrome browser on my Nexus 6P phone and my Samsung tablet. Any and all bookmarks that are saved/added to one (home computer, phone, tablet) shows up on all of them....in other words the browser syncs with the other devices. Like I said, I gave up on Firefox 2 or 3 years ago and have never looked back. Don't get me started on Microsoft I.E.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:58 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

I use both Fire Fox and Chrome and have not had any problems. As far as I know there have not been any changes to the forum recently ..... could be a problem with one of your plugins on FF. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
bobbecky

None of this makes any sense. When I login using Firefox, the Welcome at the top-right does not show, still has the Click Here To Login button, but it shows me logged in at the bottom of the page under Current Users. When I attempt to post, the Posting Rules box at the bottom left shows May Not for the posting and edit rules. I have minimal add-ons, just the bare bones that are part of the basic install. Cookies are enabled, and when I do click the Post reply button, a page pops up saying :

"The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

Any other ideas? It's almost like I've been restricted on my account for some reason. All the other forums I'm on, work just fine.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

I don't use FoxFire, so I'm guessing here, but it almost sounds like you've got a cookie that's limiting your access. You might want to clear all cookies and start over... If that doesn't work, have you considered "uninstall/reinstall" of FoxFire?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #9
cpaulsen

Have been using Firefox for years.....even with this forum and have never had any problems even when I did the updates.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:05 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Firefox? Chrome? Are they like MSN? I've used Windows XP for a couple of years or so (I think it's a newer browser?) and it seems to run pretty good on my 40M drop, but, it is a slower link so maybe Chrome or Firefox could help (I'm being facetious). Good luck getting your link up and running. It is Saturday evening and I just got in from doing crown molding all day for my daughter - The forum, and the folks here, are a great stress reliever so thanks.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #11
busterbrown

A bit off topic but still relevant... Since the administrators changed the URL, I'm unable to view the site on my company's network as the new domain is "uncategorized" and it's deemed suspicious by web filtering software. If site administrators could fix this, more members could spend down time planning mods, asking questions, searching for answers, and helping others. Don't tell my employer though.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #12
vampress_me

I was having very similar problems a couple of weeks ago on Safari, Firefox, and my iPad. What I discovered was the problem for me was when logging in I have to check the Remember me? checkbox under where you put your username and password. Without the remember me checked, it was showing I wasn't logged in on top, but was logged in under current users, couldn't post, and would give me a version of "too many redirects" when trying to post.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #13
bobbecky

Thank you, clicking the 'Remember me' box did the trick. Why it works doesn't make any sense, but it fixed it. I had already re-installed Firefox and cleared the cache and cookies with no change.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #14
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
I was having very similar problems a couple of weeks ago on Safari, Firefox, and my iPad. What I discovered was the problem for me was when logging in I have to check the Remember me? checkbox under where you put your username and password. Without the remember me checked, it was showing I wasn't logged in on top, but was logged in under current users, couldn't post, and would give me a version of "too many redirects" when trying to post.
Maybe they could put a message that says if you don't click remember me, you'll be sorry! Glad you got it working for you. This fix will most likely help many others in the future.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:17 AM   #15
Dave W

My laptop just had a 'burp' and I not only lost the sign in for here, also lost ALL of my bookmarks. Then found that the sign in for here and a few other sites I occasionally look at got dumped as well on the desktop I use. Losing the bookmarks on the laptop was a royal PITA but it did accomplish a cleanup of some real junk. Since it still works > 99% for my needs, the desktop is using XP while the laptop is using the 'advanced' Win 7 () and both are on Firefox, and have been since Ver2, now Ver51 which has been just great IMHO. I will never ever purposely give Google (CHROME) any of my information though unfortunately have to use their search function. And yes, you do need to click the Remember Me box for any site that has that feature.

Ain't electronics fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #16
bobbecky

If you go into options and then search, you can change the default search method from Google. I've been using Yahoo for a long time. I try to not use Google for anything, except their Google Earth app.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:31 PM   #17
MattHelm21

Quote:
I'm unable to view the site on my company's network as the new domain is "uncategorized"
Hi Chris. I'm the network administrator at my company and we use a system similar to what you describe. Your IT department can resolve this if they are willing to work with you by either requesting with their vendor to categorize the site or by re-categorizing the site's URL/domain manually onsite. Unfortunately, if they won't work with you then you will be forced to wait until the vendor your company uses gets around to it on their own. It can also do as much damage as good if your company filters the category they choose. Then the only option is the manual method I mentioned previously.

The system we use makes a list daily of uncategorized domains and forwards them back to the vendor at night. They then do the research to categorize them and download a new database for our use the next day. I did do a search with our vendor and this new keystoneforums.com domain is listed as uncategorized.

Edit: We have to be able to get our RV fix at work.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #18
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
Hi Chris. I'm the network administrator at my company and we use a system similar to what you describe. Your IT department can resolve this if they are willing to work with you by either requesting with their vendor to categorize the site or by re-categorizing the site's URL/domain manually onsite. Unfortunately, if they won't work with you then you will be forced to wait until the vendor your company uses gets around to it on their own. It can also do as much damage as good if your company filters the category they choose. Then the only option is the manual method I mentioned previously.

The system we use makes a list daily of uncategorized domains and forwards them back to the vendor at night. They then do the research to categorize them and download a new database for our use the next day. I did do a search with our vendor and this new keystoneforums.com domain is listed as uncategorized.

Edit: We have to be able to get our RV fix at work.
Unfortunately, I work for a large hospital system that is not easily influenced by one employee who thinks access to an online forum is performance (or job) related. Almost all social media content providers are on lock down. Dot org''s seem to slip by the IT administrators. Redirection to uncategorized dot.com''s are a no-no around here.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #19
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Unfortunately, I work for a large hospital system that is not easily influenced by one employee who thinks access to an online forum is performance (or job) related. Almost all social media content providers are on lock down. Dot org''s seem to slip by the IT administrators. Redirection to uncategorized dot.com''s are a no-no around here.
I think I'm at a loss at why an employee would spend company paid time looking at personal stuff on the internet.? I've been retired going on 11 years but my staff nor any of my hourly paid employees were allowed to surf the internet during working hours....they were paid to do other things. We finally had our IT folks stop all access to any internet sites other than company oriented for all company folks except the senior executives of which I was one...but I just didn't have the need to use the web outside of business needs during the day.....6am-10pm
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #20
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I think I'm at a loss at why an employee would spend company paid time looking at personal stuff on the internet.? I've been retired going on 11 years but my staff nor any of my hourly paid employees were allowed to surf the internet during working hours....they were paid to do other things. We finally had our IT folks stop all access to any internet sites other than company oriented for all company folks except the senior executives of which I was one...but I just didn't have the need to use the web outside of business needs during the day.....6am-10pm
Well, circumstances can be quite different based on business models and occupations. Health care clinicians have onsite and on call hours, with access to open WiFi signals permitted by the enterprise. When downtime occurs (and it does throughout many nights), access to cellular signals in the bowels of campus buildings is nearly non-existent. WiFi use is accepted per guidelines of information sharing and corporate compliance. As long as someone sttays within the guidelines (non-malicious and categorized sites), the WiFi is a privilege, obviously not a right.

I have friends who work in corporate America who have similar work life balance policies. I think the structured mindset of years past is as stale as week old bread. Ask my friend who works at Compuware and he would agree. I'm sure the millennials employed by Google, Oracle, and Apple are happy that corporate policy doesnt shut the door on www communications with work-life communications and events. My 2 cents. Completely off topic of course.