Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #21
danjentravels

We just bought a 2014 337fls and the control panel fried before we even picked it ip. Making the slides and awning useless unless using the remote control gizmo. Dealer has ordered a new one and we are waiting its arrival. I believe ours may have been subject to a slide wire routed wrong and rubbed its way through to ground out. We are told this . Will see when repair is done.
danjentravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #22
catmama6

Wink Cougar Electrical panel fix for Dummies(like me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjentravels View Post
We just bought a 2014 337fls and the control panel fried before we even picked it ip. Making the slides and awning useless unless using the remote control gizmo. Dealer has ordered a new one and we are waiting its arrival. I believe ours may have been subject to a slide wire routed wrong and rubbed its way through to ground out. We are told this . Will see when repair is done.
Our 2014 Cougar 333MKS Immediately had the panel go out when it was professionally hauled to our house 2 hrs from the dealer..After ALOT of phone calls & misinformation etc from Keystone & Dealer We had to Pay $250 each way to have it hauled back to dealer...After reading all of the threads re: this problem, I told the dealer it was NOT to come back w/out the Rocker Panel, No flat panel would be acceptable...My husband doesn't have time to mess around w/a poor design & I don't need to either...2 weeks later, back home w/Old School Rocker Panel that We LOVE W/ not one problem so far....
Moral of my story? Insist on the Rocker panel til they figure out the design flaws OR mess with it constantly if you are an Electrical Engineer Or just don't mind the Frustration, or....decide for yourself what works for you....happy Trails!
catmama6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #23
micar

Dropped our 333mks off at the dealer today for a few warranty fixes, including the control panel. The service advisor informed us that they will be replacing the touch screen panel with a rocker switch panel.
Mike
micar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #24
TinyPhil

Control Panel Issues

I have a 2014 Cougar 5th wheel model 318 SAB. I purchased this trailer new in May 2013 from Petes RV in Indiana. The touch panel had problems on the very first day of ownership. The 2nd and 3rd rows of the panel quit working. I took the trailer back to Petes RV and they told me that I would have to get it fixed when I get back to Arizona. The problem was supposedly caused by electrical noise from the converter. If you disconnected shore power and battery power the panel would reset itself and would work again when power was reconnected. This was only a temporary fix and the problem could return at anytime. After a period of time. I finally got the panel replaced with the improved version that had a noise filter built into the wire harness for the panel. The replacement panel took care of that problem, but now I am having a new problem with the panel. The new problem is with the touch pads for the main slide. If you run the main slide out with the remote control, with the touch panel shut off, the slide will stay open, but if you energize the touch panel the slide will come back in by itself. This means that you would have to keep the panel shut off if you wanted to keep the slide open. I called Keystone customer service and they are aware of the problems that people are having with this touch panel. I was told that their new replacement panel had mechanical switches rather than touch switches. This will be a welcome change as mechanical switches are more reliable. The repair should be done in the next couple of weeks.
TinyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #25
Deaner

We bought our Cougar 330RBK last Aug and had it out 5 times with no panel issues before putting it in the barn for winter. I am going to open it up and un-winterize it tomorrow, so we will see if I have any issues.
Deaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #26
5mary6

panel

So I had all the same issues with my panel and finally talked dealer into replacing it with a rocker panel. However, in the meantime, the dealer discovered that the 12 volt brains were bad and actually making the panel go out. Realized this when I lost power to the front landing gear. While waiting for the rocker panel, the dealer bypassed the 12 volt system to the touch panel. For the first time the panel worked awesome. We still got the rocker panel installed though. Perhaps the dealers should be checking the 12 volt brains which may be causing all these panel issues.

PullRite Superglide 16k
Revolution kites

Previous RV

2012 MVP Sonoma SE 23bh
5mary6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #27
superdog404
Gone Traveling

By 12 volt brain do you mean the circuit board near the battery in the front compartment? About 6 inches by 8 inches.
superdog404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #28
steveh237

I have a 2015 333MKS and during a short outing this past week had the panel go dead on me. I had previously read about the panel problems and at the conclusion of the trip had taken the rig to the dealer. They told me there is an inherent problem with the newer/new model panels and the Manuf is providing a "patch" for it. Left it there and hoping for the rest.
steveh237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #29
neil andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by micar View Post
We have a '13 333MKS talked to the dealer the other day and no recall or bulletin on this issue. We did however have the awning motor replaced.
Mike
we had awning motor replacedas well
neil andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #30
sourdough
Site Team

I visited with the service manager about this issue about a week ago. I had an issue with a remote and in the initial conversation (about a month previous) he mentioned that he hoped it wasn't an issue with the panel/control board because they had had to completely re-wire and replace the control panels to upgrade them. When I went in for this visit the topic came up again and while we were discussing I told him I had read this thread on the forum and that it seemed like Lippert might be going back to the rocker switches which my 2014 came with. When I told him mine were rockers he said "great", that eliminates the possibility of it being the control panel. Seems Lippert, which makes all of those things apparently, wanted to make the latest/greatest in a touch panel but had tons of bugs they couldn't get worked out. Now the "latest/greatest" is the rocker panel - which I much prefer. Touch panels are neat looking but I've had trouble with them on microwaves, counter top stoves, dishwashers etc. Just give me a plain old rocker and I'm happy.....in the living room or in the camper!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:37 AM   #31
Javi

My '15 Cougar came with the rocker panel.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #32
pakuma

I replaced the panel in my 5er. while working on it noticed the wires at the connectors didn't feel right, pulled on them and the connector came of. Replaced all of the connectors. I have also found other connectors with the same issue.
pakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #33
Bunkhouse

The panel in our 14 went out after the first weekend. It was the touch panel, which keystone replaced with an earlier style rocker panel. I was told they have had to many issues with the touch panels.
Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:29 AM   #34
Rex1vt

Control Panel

What was your date of manufacture for your camper,my 2014 model is May 2013.I noticed units mfg after Oct 2013 seem to have rocker panels installed.I have not had a problem with the touch panel yet,but I am concerned with the warranty time ticking away.

01/19/2014 Complete touch panel inoperable,waiting for service appointment
02/10/2014 Panel declared dead,waiting for replacement authorization and replacement style.
03/09/2014 Still waiting,
Rex1vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #35
brbohica94

Lots of good info

I have a 2013 324RLB with the powerboard. Been having issues with mine cutting out. I just pull the AC fuze and then put it back in and it works fine, been doing this for over 2 years now. Guess I should have found this site sooner. Anyways these replacement rocker panels you all are talking about, are they the same size as our touch screen board? Definitely like to change mine out.
brbohica94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #36
sourdough
Site Team

brbohica94

I don't know if they are the same size but my service manager told me that is what Keystone is sending out to repair/fix/upgrade the touch panels. From what he said I believe there may be a lot of wiring that has to be done so be sure and dig into it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 10:12 PM   #37
Scoopy

Replacement panel

I purchased a used Cougar 5th wheel that has one of these panels in them. What panel is Keystone using to replace these faulty ones? Did Keystone recall them? Thanks in advance!
Scoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:07 AM   #38
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopy View Post
I purchased a used Cougar 5th wheel that has one of these panels in them. What panel is Keystone using to replace these faulty ones? Did Keystone recall them? Thanks in advance!
If you go to "User CP / Settings and Options / Edit Signature" and fill in the information about your trailer and your tow vehicle (like below), the people here on the forum can help you better.
Old 03-03-2023, 04:28 AM   #39
Scoopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
If you go to "User CP / Settings and Options / Edit Signature" and fill in the information about your trailer and your tow vehicle (like below), the people here on the forum can help you better.
LHaven, The only thing I didn't have was a picture which I added. Do you suggest I start a new forum because this one is old. Thank you!
Scoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:36 AM   #40
LHaven

No, people will see it, just like I did. But if you added a signature, I'm still not seeing it. It's the Signature area, not the Details area (which is the same info, but doesn't show up on posts.)