Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
grantda

Cable TV Vs. OTA TV Problems

My new 2019 330KBS model Sprinter bumper pull trailer has a new system that is supposed to separate cable TV or over the air (OTA) TV signals and automatically know the difference. They call it KeyTV. In the older systems you had to deactivate the OTA booster manually before scanning in the cable channels. The problem is, apparently the Keystone people didn't introduce the new system to the dealers because my dealer was completely in the dark when I went to them saying my tv would not work on cable. They kept contending that there is a button to push to turn off the booster. Of course my telling them there was no button fell on deaf ears. Has anyone else had to deal with a situation such as this with their TV?
grantda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

If you use the search function and type "keytv" as the the search term you'll get about two dozen threads on the subject.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #3
RWRiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantda View Post
My new 2019 330KBS model Sprinter bumper pull trailer has a new system that is supposed to separate cable TV or over the air (OTA) TV signals and automatically know the difference. They call it KeyTV. In the older systems you had to deactivate the OTA booster manually before scanning in the cable channels. The problem is, apparently the Keystone people didn't introduce the new system to the dealers because my dealer was completely in the dark when I went to them saying my tv would not work on cable. They kept contending that there is a button to push to turn off the booster. Of course my telling them there was no button fell on deaf ears. Has anyone else had to deal with a situation such as this with their TV?
When we did the PDI on my TT the dealer spent about 1/2 hour looking for the booster switch. They had no idea what KeyTV was or how it worked. Then when it quit working the dealer suggested I get a satellite. I ended up going up the ladder at the dealer, and also called Keystone and complained about the dealer. Keystone then called the dealer, and the service department seems to have a better attitude now. We'll see if it lasts long enough to get my KeyTV fixed.
RWRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:28 AM   #4
Roscommon48

google is wonderful

https://www.google.com/search?client...+key+tv+system
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
grantda

KeyTV problem resolved

The KeyTV problem we had with OTA and Cable connections not playing well together was resolved by the dealer's rep. He tracked it back to the splitter looking device on the wall plug. Apparently this component differentiates Sat/Cable/OTA based on respective impedance. By the process of deduction this 2-bit item proved defective. We robbed the one out of the bedroom for a replacement while one is ordered and problem is solved. As for the dealer, RV World of Yuma, they were great. Stuck with me all the way until problem was solved. Kudo's to RV World of Yuma!
grantda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable