Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
BCIslander

replace dinette 2014 Cougar 21rbswe

Hi

Wondered if anyone has replaced the very uncomfortable u dinette with theater seating. I found a from someone who has the same model year as we do, but no answer was given. It has an outside cargo door in the slide which either has to be covered over or accommodated for.

Is there any furniture that will fit? We rebuilt ours to a couch set up (as light as possible) but even though it's more comfortable, doesn't quite work on those long rainy days.

Anyone have any experience they can share?

Thanks
BCIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
BCIslander

OK, does anyone know what kind of theater seating was available for the model I have noted above or who the manufacturer might be? It was, and still is an option for the 21 RBSWE slide.

Thanks
BCIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #3
travelin texans

Use your tape measure on the area in the RV then head to the furniture store with those figures & the same tape measure.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:11 AM   #4
Logan X

Here is a link to Etrailer’s RV furniture page. It features Thomas Payne furniture which I believe is what a lot of RV manufacturers are using these days.

One thing to consider is if you can fit the furniture through the door. I think if it is marketed for an RV, it is designed to come apart so you can get it through the door.

https://www.etrailer.com/rv-furnitur...xoCetkQAvD_BwE
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #5
wiredgeorge

Measure the opening and head to Craigslist. I bought a LazyBoy recliner love seat for just about $100 to replace my RV couch which was uncomfortable and the pull out bed was a joke. RV furniture isn't anything special except the back will come out to allow it through a door. LazyBoy backs come out to allow it to come through an RV door. There are likely other manufacturers making theater seats that also have the backs come off.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21rbs, cougar, dinette