Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #1
clcarter

Alpine 3010RE

Moving from TT to Alpine 3010RE 5er,someone told me that Keystone recommend to put slides out before you do the 6p Auto Level,has anyone else heard this
clcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
BobnLee

I always level mine before putting the slides out unless I'm just doing an overnighter and not uncoupling
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The Keystone Owner's Manual says this:

1. The unit must have a fully charged RV battery (having the shore-line cord plugged in may NOT be enough)
2. Turn off all necessary lights and 12V components prior to extending/retracting
3. The unit must be leveled and stabilizer jacks extended.
4. Make sure the room has clearance, inside and outside, to extend/retract.
5. Make sure water and debris are removed from the top of the room before retracting
6. Avoid injury by keeping all body parts out of the way of the slide-room
7. Make sure other parties are clear of the slide-out before extending/retracting
8. DO NOT ride in the slide-out when extending/retracting
9. DO NOT step on the floor of the slide out when the room is retracted. The slide out floor is not supported by the main floor and stepping on the floor may cause structural damage to the slide room.
• Weather and atmospheric conditions will cause rubber to deteriorate over time. Inspect seals around slide-rooms regularly and replace at the first sign of a problem.
• Periodically, during the normal course of operation, Slide-out systems and rooms will require adjustment. This is covered under warranty the first ninety (90) days after original retail sale.
• Slide-out rooms should be stored retracted.
• Keep mechanical components clean of road debris, salt, etc using a mild soap and water.
• Rooms that will be extended for long periods of time should be actuated 1-2 times a week.
• Failure to follow these basic steps can lead to intermittent operation of the slide-out system, improper sealing, personal injury and damage to the unit which is not warrantable.

The Lippert Level-Up manual does not address RV setup. It only states that the trailer should be parked on reasonably level ground and the area around the jacks should be clear of trash and other items that may affect extension of the jacks.

I've always heard the caution to not extend the slides until the RV is level and stabilized to prevent "torqueing" or "racking" the slide room.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
spicercars

Always level the unit before you put the slides out. If you are not level and you try to put the slides out you can have problems because they are designed to be used when the unit is level.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:48 AM   #5
AlpineOppa

We picked up our Alpine 3010 in January and have been out with it once. Very nice - just need to get used to everything being in different places from our Montana trade-in. I really like the auto 6-pt leveling system - and it gives the camper a solid feeling - no bouncing.
When picking it up from the dealer, we were cautioned to ALWAYS extend and retract the leveling system when the slides were in.

JRTJH gave excellent advice with the list he posted. After we returned from our trip I climbed up on the roof to install a vent cover and noticed some debris on the roof of the slides - also noticed that some pine needles were caught under the rubber seal - meaning that I probably brought some debris inside when I brought the slides in. I never had to check this with the Montana because it had slide awnings. It's on my check list now!

....always learning something new and important!
AlpineOppa is offline   Reply With Quote