Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2011, 06:54 AM   #1

Side Entry Door Window Cover?

Hi, all my windows have shades except the entry door window. Their is only 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearance between side entry door and the screen door. What are others doing to cover that window at night to keep people from seeing in. My window dimentions are 13 1/2 by 37 1/2 so the standard 16 by 24 solar foil one doesn't quite fit. Thinking about just using velcro to attach somthing over it.

Thanks, Chris
11155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

My wife made a cover for the skylight in the shower out of darker fabric and then attached it to the ceiling using Velcro. Keeps the bright light out of the bedroom area in the morning. You might try the same thing over your entry window. I haven't seen any entry door windows that are made with clear glass. All that I have seen are frosted/translucent and you can't see in or out. Seems strange that people can see in through yours.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #3

My entry door windows are very dark and not frosted like most. You cannot see in through them very good during the day, however if you have lights on at night you can see in fairly well. I have a 2012 toy hauler with two side doors and both doors are the same way. I do like the looks of them, and your are correct, most RV's that I have seen, including my previous 5er, have had the frosted windows.
11155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #4
cpaulsen

I put a clear glass in my older 5ver when we had it and just used a small cutain which was mad and attached it with Velcro.....worked great!!
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
Jim W

Hi, We use these when needed. Usually when grand kids sleep over in the camper and when in storage. "Reflective Door Window Cover - Solar Door Shade"
http://tweetys.com/search.aspx?find=window+shades

Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
STEINER

Window

Buy ruber suction hook's at the dollar store or box store make a rod the size of the window and place curtin on rod and put the rod on the hook after putting on window, will hold the curtin in the hook's the suction will hold on the glass of the window and can be removed without damage, good luck:::
STEINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Me.Bikes.Dogs

You can put frosted window film in the window then you don't need a curtain.
2004 Harley Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide (for fun), 1 dog (great company)

Me.Bikes.Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote