Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #21
SJMcKee

Generator/shore power

Thanks, big help was just about to blog and ask about a transfer switch, but this answer the question. Steve
2009 Keystone Fuzion TE#199, FZ302 Toy Hauler.
SJMcKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #22
matandjen

Very glad to have found this thread. My wife and I just took delivery of our new 360 Touring Edition III and are pretty happy so far. I do have a couple of quick questions someone can hopefully help us with

1) None of the TVs seem to be able to pick up anything from the antenna. I have pushed the little power button for the antenna and still nothing. Any idea where the junction box for all of the coax is located so Ic an troubleshoot?

2) Both brackets on the back of the RV that hold up the rear awning have broken off. The idiots who built this used bolts that have rusted through and caused them to snap. I tried using sheet metal screws, but even with an 18v drill, they will not screw in. Any thoughts?

Over all we are very happy with the unit so far. I noticed a couple people have pulled to sturgis which is one of our plans this year. 1900 miles each way and we just cant wait

Thanks in advance
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
KenBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by matandjen View Post
Very glad to have found this thread. My wife and I just took delivery of our new 360 Touring Edition III and are pretty happy so far. I do have a couple of quick questions someone can hopefully help us with

1) None of the TVs seem to be able to pick up anything from the antenna. I have pushed the little power button for the antenna and still nothing. Any idea where the junction box for all of the coax is located so Ic an troubleshoot?

2) Both brackets on the back of the RV that hold up the rear awning have broken off. The idiots who built this used bolts that have rusted through and caused them to snap. I tried using sheet metal screws, but even with an 18v drill, they will not screw in. Any thoughts?

Over all we are very happy with the unit so far. I noticed a couple people have pulled to sturgis which is one of our plans this year. 1900 miles each way and we just cant wait

Thanks in advance
We do not have the TE Fuzion, but they may be the same in some areas.

I did a search for a/the cable junction. The only one I found is in the bedroom closet, right side. The plate has a cable connection, 12 power outlet, the little switch button, and has 3 video cables connected to the wall interior side along with power wires for the 12v outlet. I removed the cable/SAT plates behind the main living room TV. Both went up toward the ceiling. I tried to use a mirror to see the water pump area behind the water/cable compartment by the water heater via the passthrough storage. Unable to see any cables and no obvious way to access the area either. Possibly under the bathroom sink, but I did not get into that. I did remove the cable plate in the compartment. That cable is orange as is one that goes to the forementioned plate in the bedroom closet. Did not remove cable plates in the loft or the garage, or the one behind the tv in the bedroom. I did remove the breaker box and the amp a few days ago for another project. Nothing there either. I removed the louver/vent on the right side of the fireplace to access the battery disconnect switch and found the power converter and wiring. But no video cables. That cable splitter does not want to be found! However, I know where lots of other stuff is!
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #24
KenBob

Shurflo fan installed

Installed a Shuflo Comfortair Platinum Remote controlled fan in the living area. Wanted more ventilation as the stove does not have external venting. also the OE vent was difficult to reach. The vent install was easy. Did not have to trim the interior cover. The hardest part was running the power wire (pos). There is no unswitched power close. The nearest source is the light in the "hallway" by the bathroom door. Could not fishtape directly from the vent to the light. Had to fish from a light in the bathroom then over to the "hall" lamp. Only ran a single wire for the power. Used the ground at the switched lights right next to the vent. Works great! Quiet too. Just need to bring extra remote batteries and not lose the remote!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #25
KenBob

Tire upgrade

With Goodyear g614s about the only choice for replacement tires, I went with a complete new set of tires and wheels. 215/75 r17.5 Goodyear g114s. There are several tire options for this size and the H load range along with being a commercial tire make it a worthwhile investment.

I have wanted to add a kill switch for the landing gear and the rear stabilizer jacks. After reading some posts about landing gear not working from manual switch after using the remote control to activate the gear, I figure activating the gear with the remote control should prevent the use of the manual switch. (was that redundant?) If this works, it will prevent some needless wire/switch installation and provide the security I am looking for.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #26
Copper Grier

Thanks

My wife and I just ordered our '11 TE III 412 and are anxiously awaiting its arrival. We sold our 2nd Motorhome last year and bought an F350 to start 5th wheeling. I'm thankful for these comments as I need to review our new rig upon its arrival in 2 weeks. Is there anyting else I need to be aware of with the TEIII's? Especially with the patio decks?
Copper Grier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
heypilch

Brand new here (first post!), but I've got an '11 360 & wanted to share a little regarding the (lack of a) Fantastic Fan in the living area. When I bought mine, I never thought to check to see if the microwave/stove vent vented to the outside world, mostly because every RV I've ever owned had one. It doesn't make sense for it NOT to, so it never occured to me to check for it.

Anyway, I didn't notice it until after I'd brought it home, but called Keystone to complain about it. At first, the lady on the other end told me that it was, "per design specifications" so there was nothing she could do. I hung up with her & then thought about it for a few minutes and called them back. Got a different person this time who directed me to the service/tech dept. who listened to my complaint and then politely asked me why don't I just turn on the Fantastic Fan installed in the roof? When I also-politely explained that mine didn't come with one installed, Keystone promptly green lighted the installation of one in my 5'er - free of charge. Soooo, you might wanna look into that.
heypilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #28
jje1960

Help you out...

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Not a problem.... drop your unit off at my house, I'll figure out the wiring for you and test the unit for a while, just to make sure it's setup for you. I think 7 or 8 yrs will do it, maybe longer though, leave a phone number and I'll let you know when to pick that nice unit up.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #29
Ts1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
Not a problem.... drop your unit off at my house, I'll figure out the wiring for you and test the unit for a while, just to make sure it's setup for you. I think 7 or 8 yrs will do it, maybe longer though, leave a phone number and I'll let you know when to pick that nice unit up.
The splitters are all in the front wall, at the antenna switch. You must remove the 12 volt cover, pull the cable through into the cabinet - and then possibly enlarge the hole. There you will find another splitter tied onto the other with a 12" or so coax. Splitter to splitter type scenario. I had to pull the second one out using the first one.
Ts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #30
chain_dogg

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Probably not your Antenna

I had the same problem in my Fuzion 400....got nothing on 3 TV's. You need to do a Channel scan / Search for the first time. (on all TV's). I went from 2 scrambled channels to 136 Very clear channels.
chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #31
vpilot

I don't have a 360, but it is my understanding that one of the crank handles that comes with the unit will crank the slide manualy. I would guess that with long extensions it could be done with a drill. hope that helps
vpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
KenBob

Added a slide control valve to our 360 to allow the dinette slide to work w/o the BR slide going out first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valve1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	967  
Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
BStiers

Slide Control Valve

I have a few questions now. Where did you get the valve and how does it work? Do you have to close the BR valve in order for it to not open first?

Thanks
Bryan
BStiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #34
KenBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStiers View Post
I have a few questions now. Where did you get the valve and how does it work? Do you have to close the BR valve in order for it to not open first?

Thanks
Bryan

I ordered it from Lippert

http://store.lci1.com/shared/StoreFr...unt2=311439156

Type IRC in the store search.

Yes, close the valve for the BR hydraulics to stop the BR from opening first.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	valve1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	977  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #35
lsutigerfan

Has anyone installed a light by the rear entrance door?
lsutigerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #36
maxx1963

i am going to put one of these led amber lights under each of my doors.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0312.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2242  

2005 2500HD CCLB Duramax. LBZ mouthpiece, factory CAI mod, Diamond eye "quiet" downpipe back exhaust/ Reese elite under bed rail hitch
2008 Fuzion 362
2008 KFX 700
2007 Yamaha Wolverine(wife's)
2002 Suzuki LT-A50(daughter's)
1995 Yamaha G14 golf cart
maxx1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #37
lsutigerfan

That will be nice, just sad they did'nt put a light by the back entrance door.
lsutigerfan is offline   Reply With Quote