Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2023, 01:49 PM   #1
wesaysoracing

Blade AC system vents

I have a 2021 Montana high country 331 RL, it has the old louver style air vents
I have very little airflow coming out of the vents, I have taken all the vents out, and I have sealed the gap between the ceiling and the duct,
I am wondering if the blade vents would do a better job allowing air into the living area
There is plenty of air flow going through the duct, it’s just not turning to come out the vent
wesaysoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:10 PM   #2
markdol1

I have the new style vents too but really cant tell the difference.
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:33 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I have a 2020 of the same model. I had/have the same style vents. However I never had a lot of issue with too little air. I did replace 2 of the vents in the bedroom and the vent in the bathroom with adjustable vents. I leave 2 vents in the bedroom closes as there is no need for 4 vents in that bedroom. I'm sure that was done due to the racetrack configuration of the ducts. Closing the extra vents in the bedroom will also help the volume of air up front.

I pulled all of the vents to check the sealing on them and the ducts...they were in really good shape. I did notice that on some of the vents they appeared to "stick" up higher into the ductwork than others. I shifted and shimmied stuff inside of the so that the neck of the vent did not just stick up into the duct. I'm thinking some of them had necks that were too long or something.

I have only been exposed to 2 RVs with the blade system and if anything it seemed like they hampered airflow as much as anything. There are some videos on them (some by Keystone) that talk about them but more to tout how good they are rather than first hand experiences.

I am assuming you have 2 A/Cs? If you are only running one (front) the air to the bedroom will not be as strong as the front because it's 36' back there. The adjustable vents will help with the "feel" of flow but won't increase the volume.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 06:21 PM   #4
Balvar24

The Blade thing is a gimmick.
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 07:29 AM   #5
TXiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24 View Post
The Blade thing is a gimmick.
Ditto.

Ken
Old 07-07-2023, 09:52 AM   #6
tallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Ditto.

Ken

agree also
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:54 AM   #7
tallen

I bought one of them blade vents to test with and when I cut off that so called blade, it allowed more air to flow out of the vents. This is my opinion and just from how i feel the air on my skin, when testing it.
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent