Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #11
svt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingRobert View Post
I use the adjustable jack stands under the frame as well for extra stabilization. They make a big difference because you can crank them down a lot more than the electric jacks. You'll never get rid of all the movement unless you take most of the weight off the tires and springs as mentioned. My electric jacks become loose after tightening the other jacks. Important Imo to tighten each jack stand a little at a time and leave the electric jacks loose. Using a six point system will probably not help that much with stabilizing because you'll be taking some weight off the other jacks.
I think I see your point. If I will lower middle Jack's my front and rear will become loose correct?

svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:13 AM   #12
RagingRobert

Yes, if you lower The middle jacks the weight will be taken off either the front or back jacks probably the back. I tried with my electric jacks down to just take some weight off them with the screw jacks...then I'd have eight feet down It was very difficult/impossible to apply the same pressure on all six jacks when doing it manually and not have some loose. The best thing for me is the screw type jacks. What I do onsite is get level and extend down the electric stabilizers then finish hook ups and slide outs. After that's done and the tires have cooled, I install those four other screw jacks and crank them down tight so the electric jacks are loose. I leave them it that position until we leave then unscrew them putting the weight back onto the electric jacks. Close up, unhook... then retract the jacks putting even pressure on the RV frame.

RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote