Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2019, 04:45 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrez View Post
I watch the races to pick up pointers on how to get down I-81
I would think watching a demolition derby would be more appropriate .
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:10 AM   #22
66joej

Good for Chase! But I do see a growing trend to a lot more empty seats now even though the camera guys are told not to pan on them. Ticket prices are too high.
Another sign of a recession?

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:39 AM   #23
notanlines

Actually, Joe, I'll stand up for the track owners for just a minute. (I don't take their side often) Tickets for the Charlotte race were $48 for adults and $10 for kids and that is very, very common throughout NASCAR. I believe the heads in HQ making change after change after change, coupled with the increasing costs of the entire event; parking, concessions, hotel/motel that are driving people away. Just ten years ago the list for season tickets at Bristol was only exceeded in length by season tickets for the Green Bay Packers. Even the Daytona 500 won't sell out.
Redskins fans are staying away in droves and Charger fans are in relatively short supply. College football seems to holding its own, but I believe they also are pushing the limit. And I don't know why the number of members here are so down on the economy, predicting mass hysteria when our trucks/RV's won't sell for a premium. I just haven't seen a sign of it.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:57 AM   #24
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Actually, Joe, I'll stand up for the track owners for just a minute. (I don't take their side often) Tickets for the Charlotte race were $48 for adults and $10 for kids and that is very, very common throughout NASCAR. I believe the heads in HQ making change after change after change, coupled with the increasing costs of the entire event; parking, concessions, hotel/motel that are driving people away. Just ten years ago the list for season tickets at Bristol was only exceeded in length by season tickets for the Green Bay Packers. Even the Daytona 500 won't sell out.
Redskins fans are staying away in droves and Charger fans are in relatively short supply. College football seems to holding its own, but I believe they also are pushing the limit. And I don't know why the number of members here are so down on the economy, predicting mass hysteria when our trucks/RV's won't sell for a premium. I just haven't seen a sign of it.
Good info Jim. I was just going by what some of the so-called experts are saying. Personally everything we have is paid for but I do remember the last recession. In 2010 I bought a foreclosed house in AZ for $70k CDN (our dollar was at par). That house sold new 3 years earlier for $297k US. Don't even go there for RVs. Hopefully what I read is not a harbinger of things to come. Just my observation. I am a half glass full guy.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:50 PM   #25
Miloski

I don't think its as bad as you think and others tell you. If you have been a fan for a while you will recall a large influx of new fans so most tracks increased setting and when the economy down turned took a lot of people out of the market and its is bouncing back. Remember Charlette has the Shot out and 600 that are bigger races and draw more fan that fill those sets.
Miloski is offline   Reply With Quote