Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2018, 05:24 AM   #41
Overspray

Been towing since around the age of 21. Open car haulers to move project vehicles around, utility trailers for scrapping metal and moving furniture with friends, jet skis, towed a big wedge gooseneck car hauler once for a friend (first time that large, gooseneck, and through roundabouts). Worked my way into my old 21’ checkmate, and now a 35’ fifth wheel. I even get to move 48’ semi trailers around the yard at work from time to time. Especially when painting one.... like threading a needle to back it into my paint booth. I’ve been very seriouly considering towing double to bring a golf cart with us when camping too. I respect it, but it doesn’t scare me. I didn’t start earlier because there was never a need to. When my kids get old enough they will start towing almost as soon as they start driving (pending natural skill level). I feel as though it’s basically Part of learning to drive. Maybe one day I’ll even teach the wife!

Overspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:20 AM   #42
Old Mustanger

My first experience towing at 16 was coming up I95 from Virginia Beach in Dad's '70 Caprice towing a Pop Up. Started raining, trailer started fishtailing, Dad asking what the H I was doing. When we got home (lived in MD at the time) and opened the trailer it was found that "somehow" some items had been packed in the rear of the instead of the front.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:43 AM   #43
jack65

I'm a newbie and baby at towing!
I tent camped for 60 years, then that wasn't so much fun anymore, towed a small Forester popup trailer the past two years, and this year got me a 20' 6,000 lb 18RS Outback trailer with a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4 5.7L V8 Hemi 395 HP & 410 TQ w/392 gears to pull it with.
Yup, a newbie and sure appreciate this forum.

jack65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing